Aeronavics / Droidworx A visit to the mother ship

dazzab

I had the wonderful opportunity to fly over to New Zealand for a conference last week in Auckand. I ducked out one afternoon, hired a car and drove a couple hours South for a visit with the Aeronavics team in Raglan.

They operate from a lovely property just out of town and I had the chance to ask all sorts of questions and see a lot of lovely new copters. Linda and Simon were most interesting to talk to and I was really impressed with their dedication to quality and how friendly they were. Apparently they have flight demo days there and do training workshops in the area as well.

I really like the three Aeronavics copters that I fly so it was wonderful to finally meet the people behind them. If you ever find yourself in New Zealand I highly recommend you make an appointment to catch up with them if you can. Living in Australia it's fairly cheap for me to fly over and I really want to go back and do some filming as soon as I can.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
pictures?

thanks for writing, Linda has a squeaky clean reputation in the community, which you've just furthered along with your comments!

dazzab

pictures?
I took lots of pictures at the conference and of Auckland https://www.flickr.com/photos/dburkey/sets/72157650222375931/

I didn't take any photos at Aeronavics as it just didn't feel right. I'm sure they would not have objected, although Simon did say he would have to check if I could photograph one very sexy copter I spotted. Even though it was a business meeting it felt more like a visit to someone's house for coffee and cake. So I just didn't bother with photos. Maybe next time. I'm not a huge fan of the selfie trend. More evidence that I'm an old fart I guess.

I should also mention that I wandered in to Raglan for some lunch. It's a surf/touristy type little town. Really reminded me of Santa Cruz in California or Byron Bay in Australia (which btw is where Aeronavics was founded). It was nice to get out of Auckland and see a bit of the place. Although next time I'm going to head to Wellington and hopefully the South Island. I hear they are just fantastic.

teecee

Wow, thanks for the report. I was considering a visit next time I was in New Zealand. Now Aeronavics is on the list for sure.