A hairy moment

diverdan

Was out yesterday did 3 perfect flights.
My last one was at sunset. Took off flew for 1 min and landed.
The took off and the copter went off at 45 degrees and hit the climbing frame. Broke 3 props. I was only at 1m.
This happend a month ago during a flight. £ mins into the flight the copter went off at 45 degree and crashed.

I am Flying with the Wookong M.
Any thought on how to cure this little problem. So far it has only cost me a few broken props..........

homer911

Maybe the metal climbing frame caused some interference. Were you in GPS mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I had pretty much the same thing happen once on the first take off after I had transferred the WKM from one frame to another, it was on one of the older firmware versions. What firmware version are you currently using?

I have not had a repeat since that one time so I assume it was either something in that firmware release or the WKM was confused about the change from Y6 to flat Hex.

I have had the WKM want to fly off at an angle once while in the air and experimenting with changing gain settings. I managed to catch it before it got away and land, when I hooked up to the computer I found that I had a large difference between the basic pitch and roll gain settings. The difference was something on the order of 100 percentage points between the two and I assume that was to blame in that instance as after I set them both the same it flew normally again and hasn't repeated. At the time I had pitch and roll each setup on separate TX adjustments to see what the effects of changing one and not the other were, since that attempt at a flyaway I always keep the two gains paired on TX adjsutment and make sure the settings are the same for both pitch and roll.

Something else just occurred to me, if it always takes off in the same direction, check the ESC power and motor connections on the side it flys towards there could be a cold solder joint(s) that occasionally cause one or more motors to lag behind the others making it fly sideways.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: