A couple of questions...

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
1. I have just been checking out the DJI assistant software and wondering how it will work with the gimbal on an octo setup. In the motor mixer page, it appears there are 8 channels, with the last 2 for the gimbal control. Does this mean if you want to configure it for an octo setup, that you won't have gimbal compensation any more?

2. Can the Wookong be used with live telemetary and a base station?

3. Finally, does anyone know if you will be able to use waypoints in the future?

Thanks, Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
1. I have just been checking out the DJI assistant software and wondering how it will work with the gimbal on an octo setup. In the motor mixer page, it appears there are 8 channels, with the last 2 for the gimbal control. Does this mean if you want to configure it for an octo setup, that you won't have gimbal compensation any more?

Cant answer this one also wondering. But probably the way i see it for a Octo all the outputs are taken and the gimbal servos cant be hooked up anymore.

2. Can the Wookong be used with live telemetary and a base station?

At the moment they dont provide any data output from the unit. Somewhere written though in the RCgroups forum if Im not mistaking that they will consider this in future firmware updates. Since it has a USB port it should be possible to setup an xbee connection and get the data to the base station.

3. Finally, does anyone know if you will be able to use waypoints in the future?

Well they have a way point system or whatever it is for their Ace One, http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/product_detail.php?idx=acewaypoint_introduction they will probably bring it over to the WK-M at some point. Cant find the price at the moment. But i think its very pricey.

Boris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks Boris, I have just PM'd DJIUSA to see if he can maybe clarify if and when these new bits would be implemented.