5d Mark ii with Gentled live feed delay when shooting stills

I have been dealing with shooting stills on my 5d via the video out and live view. When I trigger the camera, the screen goes black and then the live view returns. Sometimes I just want to keep the trigger firing, but then loose the live view until I stop triggering. Has anyone found a work around? Sometimes I use an FPV camera to frame, but then I don't know if the 5D is actually firing so it is a crap shoot. Anyone have experience with this?

SMP

We have a similar setup with the Stratosnapper. The loss of Liveview during shooting is a function of the camera, no way around that. We've turned our review down to 2 seconds letting us shoot roughly once every 4 seconds. If there's a workaround that would be great.

I am still really struggling with this. Now that I have the a 5D Mark III as well, it is even worse when using live view for stills through the HDMI port. Not only is there a delay, but the live view shifts part way out of the screen (on the ground station) and takes a few more seconds to get back to a shootable mode. This is even when the review is turned off. Has anyone had any luck figuring this out? Anyone find a camera that has no delay and can capture stills in the quality a 5D can? I need as high of a resolution as possible.