5.8 Ghz Antennae - need knowledge

nealj4

Can someone please explain the confusion/ differences in compatibility between " Immersion Rc, fatshark , Diversity, I have a Boscam Monitor. What type is it???? What works with what?? Can you mix styles of antennae on a monitor ( that has twin antennae setup)?? Would you want to?? Can you mix antennae styles between receiver and transmitter?
And finally, Best antennae to buy for all around performance? ( Patch, circular polarized, cloverleaf, helical, skew/ planar) ?
Thanks in advice for your help.

Fat shark and immersion are cross compatible as far as I remember. Be careful with some of the older stuff as the game keeps changing due to the popularity of mini quad racing. There are 40 channels now I think, the old ones haven't gone away they just keep adding more. If your going to use 5.8 ghz then you need a 5.8 ghz transmitter, receiver and antenna. A standard is starting to develop. look on immersions website and maybe fatshark's too and you might find a listing of the 5.8ghz channels. It's out there you just need to search a little, a lot of times the channels are listed when you look at the specs for tx/rx on sites that sell them. You could probably find it on hobbyking, getfpv or foxtechfpv by looking at the specs for whatever your interested in. A circularly polarized cloverleaf antenna is one of the more popular antennas right now. Buy a pair and use them and if you have problems go from there but if your not doing long distance you will probably be fine. The idea between twin antennas is which ever one receives the strongest signal it will switch to using that antenna, It can switch rapidly between the two. It's okay to use different antennas and when you think about it using identical antennas wouldn't make much sense. Don't worry about the patch or helical antennas, they are good but not necessary. Start with the basics and go from there. My fatshark goggles and transmitters are 7 channels but my ground station receiver is 32 and everything works fine.