3rd Axis Wire Placement?

How are you guys connecting the 3rd axis wiring to get to the brushless controller? With the full 360 ability, how can you mechanically keep the wires from tangling? I understand approaching this operationally (i.e. don't turn it in circles), but I am interested in removing this limitation. I have considered slip rings, or the Mercato connectors, but they need to be in the center of the axis, which is currently occupied by the motor shaft.

ZAxis

Some motor manufacturers are beginning to offer hollow shafts, do a Google search to find them.

andy

ZAxis

If the gimbal 3rd axis motor is attached to the copter by its bell, the gimbal is attached to the coil section and all the control electronics plus Rx, videoTx, LiPo, etc are mounted on the gimbal then nothing needs to go past the 3rd axis. This suits two man operation but a bit of fudging with satellite Rx's might allow one man to do it all. At the worst it may mean running 3 wires between Rx modules but these can be fine silicone wires that will accept quite a bit of twist. Just remember to untwist once in a while.