3DR Pixhawk and Taranis

Chalagi

I gave up on DJI after I built this Tarot 680. I had a Naza M V1 that died on my so I ordered a Naza M V2 but could never get it to arm the motors so I sent the FC back for a refund and then I bought the Pixhawk.

Chalagi

Well guys a few days after getting my Pixhawk replacement for the bad one that I had. I had a sudden onset of this Demyelinating Polyneuropathy with superimposed bilateral Carpal Tunnel. And right now I have a very low limited use of my hands and fingers which is followed by sever pain at nite. So it looks like I might not get things up and going until this fall unless I get some usage back into my hands. Now I just sit and look at a Tarot 680 with pixhawk that's almost ready to fly.

Old Man

Chalagi,

You have no idea how much I empathize with you right now. As one that experienced Guillian Barre, generating permanent neuropathy I understand much too well what you are experiencing. Get well buddy, get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mactadpole

Very sorry to hear this too. As soon as you can get back to it let us know and we'll help you get through that final push of getting it in the air!

I may miss the post so please PM me if you are back at it and I haven't responded to forum posts.

Take care and get well!

Chalagi

I have not been in this much pain in years. Tomorrow I see my family doctor and he is sending me to see a hand doctor I guess I will probably get a hand operation on one hand and then after that I will get one the other hand. For the last 6 weeks I have only been getting about 2 to 3 hours sleep a nite. So my hexa will have to be put on the back burner lololol

Old Man

I well understand the pain. I remember wishing I would die. I was hammered pretty much full body and fighting paralysis. The only sleep I could get was in a tub of hot water.

There's a few things you have to remember. Pain will fade with time, drugs will dull the pain, and you have people that care about you, both at home AND here. With a little effort we all heal and the bad stuff becomes only a distant memory. So if your spirits get low, say something and we'll help you deal with it. Don't fade into the background. Look at that copter every day and use it to help motivate you with home therapy and dexterity exercises. That works, it really does.

Pat

Chalagi

Thanks a lot for the support OLd Man. The doctor put me on Gabapentin for sleep and pain which has helped a lot. Last nite was my second nite of good sleep in the last 6 weeks. I"m just kinda shocked that it came on as sudden as it did. But the older I get the more that happened lol If thinks get worse I might have to take a break from the internet.

Chalagi

Well the first dose of Gabapentin was too small and now I'm on (6) 300mg a day and still the pain. I see the hand doctor the 1st of May so I'm hoping for some relief then. If I can get got hands done at the same time I will. I hope to be back to my old self soon. Now I have a new quad to build and all I can do is look at the box full of parts.

vinito

Yea gotta watch those pain meds. Some seem to work for some folks and make it worse for others while other meds it gets switched around. You might have to experiment with a couple different ones until you find one that helps. But Gabapentin is "mild" compared to other ones. For my intermittent nerve pain it helps me fairly well.

If you get some surgery, you may be pleasantly surprised. I've known a half-dozen people who needed it and got it done, and afterward they felt like a huge weight was lifted off their soul (their words, not mine). Whatever words may express it, if surgery is necessary, just make sure you get a doc who cares and is good at it and you'll feel 18 again in no time. OK maybe not quite that spry, but it's very promising.

Chalagi

Ok guys after the pain killing starts I have been trying to program the Taranis. I made a program on the Taranis for my carbon core 650MM Quad running a Naza M. But for some reason the Pixhawk seem more daunting. I guess its because flight modes in the Taranis don't seem to match the flight modes in the mission planner. So if anyone has a Taranis please look over my eeprom and give feed back positive or negative.

Attachments

• Eeprom 4-3-15.eepe.txt
    77 KB · Views: 321

Old Man

I don't use Taranis, sorry. I have heard that assigning everything in Taranis can be a bit daunting at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalagi

Well the kid that I wa trying to help with his heli does not have one any more. His dad thats a drug head found the radio and heli and I guess he sold it for money to get drugs. He told me that he usually hides his good stuff at his grandfathers house but I guess his dad got to it first. What a low down person for a father.

Old Man

Hard to understand how a kid has to grow up with a parent like that. To experience what should be one of the best parts of life in a state of constant disappointment. I wonder how many other ways his Dad's drug needs cause the kid to suffer.

Chalagi

Yea that really suck to have to live in a type of family like he's in. After he told me what had happened I was made enough to confront his dad myself but that probably would have just made things worse. I have given him permission to keep any of his valuables here at my house any time. I also gave him $100.00 bucks to help him start over.

Does anyone here use a Taranis and 3DR Pixhawk? I"m looking for a Eepeom that I can use as a standard to setup my Tarot 680MM Pro. I have been reading some on the web and have really gotten myself very confused. Some don't even make sense as far as making then even work.
I have a frsky radio i use with my 3dr x8 and pixhawk. Radio is set up on a 3way switch for stable/ loiter/auto for start of mission. other switches are rtl set up on a 2 way, land on another 2 way, and auto tune on a 2 way. I do have an sd card slot to copy files..

Chalagi

Would you be willing to share your eeprom file? These will not only help me but also a very deserving kid at the flying field. Thanks

Would you be willing to share your eeprom file? These will not only help me but also a very deserving kid at the flying field. Thanks
sure glad to help...my bad..this radio does not have a sd card. I could take pics of my screens and email them to you.

Last edited by a moderator: