3dr, osd, and fpv firmware change

Markeaye

Markeaye
Hi, Markeaye here with a question, or quite possibly an answer to upgrading the firmware on the Minum OSD board.
I recently got the Air radio, Ground radio, and Minum OSD modules in the mail to give me FPV and OSD on my latest build. Never having used these boards before, I soon discovered, as we all do, out of the box don't happen. Seems that everything we buy has to have the firmware upgraded before it's going to work properly. The problem was I didn't know I would need another adatptor board for the Minum Osd module. Yeah, I know I'm the only one that didn't know. Must have missed the memo. Anyway, I got to looking at this thing, and the chip on it is an Atmega 328. Does that sound familiar to anyone, like the last time you screwed up your new ESC trying to solder leads to the pads with a hangover? This made me think about the ESC flashing tool that Hobby King sells. The little white one on a ribbon cable that attaches to the USB ASP module that HK is always out of, and you have to buy from Ebay. The spec for this ESC programmer, on HK's site, says Atmega 328. It is the same chip as the one on HK's blue esc's. I ordered the programmer and used it to flash some 30a ESC's. Worked great, and took about 10 minutes to do four of them with Simon K firmware. Your gettin this already aint you?

My question is, has anybody done this before, and if you have why haven't you told me.

An Atmega 328 is an Atmega 328, and I think I can do through the KK flash tool. There is a listing in the ESC selection for Atmega 8 chips, and I can select the file from the one I download. I haven't done it yet, but I think it will work.

If this is going to blow up my new Minum OSD board, sombody stop me quick! My email is Markeaye@yahoo.com

Thanks, Markeaye