3D Robotics X8+ 4 of 8 motors not working

Gustav89

Hi guys.
I'm just a beginner. I love my DJI Phantom 2 + but I really hate my X8+. We are not friends yet.
After a small crash, the drone just turning around when I started. Four of the engines on the bottom not working. Just the four engines on the top is still working. Please can some people help me? What is wrong?

Old Man

I crashed my X-8 awhile back and found I had damaged one motor and two speed controllers. I had to replace them before things would work again. With you losing all 4 lower motors and no tops I would suspect something electrical became separated during the crash. Sounds like it must have hit pretty hard.

Everything between the plates of the X-8 is pretty jammed in there and all the motors and ESC's are hard wired. Meaning no bullet connectors, all the wire connections are soldered. If you plan to disassemble for a "do it yourself" repair you'll need to have a few small tools, be good at soldering, and have a little patience. If you replace ESC's you will have to calibrate them. Pay attention to the propeller directions when you put them back on again.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i wonder if any of the motors on the bottom were even making chirps when the batteries were plugged in to indicate that they were getting power and that the ESC's were booting up

@Gustav89