360 degree gimbal setup help

I've got a 900mm quad with a 360 degree rotating landing gear/gimbal setup that has two 360 degree servos on it. One for the gimball pitch and the other that rotates the entire gimbal/landing gear unit and am needing to figure out a good secondary radio to control the camera and gimbal? Any ideas? I tried hooking the servos up to a unit I stripped off of another quad just to see how it would work but I can't seem to keep the servos in a "neutral" position. They want to keep spinning. If any of you and your great mass of wisdom can help me, I'd be much appreciative. Also any suggestions on a good inexpensive radio would be great too. Thanks in advance.

My understanding on the radios is that each radio transmitter is paired to the receiver so there "shouldn't" be a problem. Same principal as if two folks were out flying on the same field with the same radios. As long as they are linked correctly, no issues. I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works. In the old school days back in the 80's when I raced RC cars, we had to register our radios because of the frequencies so no one had the same frequency running while you were trying to race.

apejovic

I´m using 2x 2.4 rx/tx, one for the camera operator and another for the pilot. It works well. You can see it here:

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
nice. Curious, are you spinning 12x3.8's ? What FC? I have a similar rig. Giving Hoverfly a shot.

Last edited by a moderator: