3 out of 4 motors come on around 50 % Throttle But to slow to fly. ???

RSMAN29

Newbie Learning the hard way. MPX230 Mini Quad. Need help trying to figure out why 1 motor at start up seems to run normal, but the other 3 come on around 50 % Throttle. But not fast enough to fly. I replaced the single 12amp esc’s With a BLHeli 12A 4 in 1 ESC Speed Controller for QAV250 Quadcopter CC3D FPV after a fly away episode and burned up 2 of the other CSC’s. The Motors are the Cobra cm22014/2300 which I just replaced 2 of because of my early mishap. Also have the Naza M lite controller, w /GPS compass. Transmitter/Control is the Turnigy Tgy 9x with the FRSKY DJT Mod. It worked fine for the first 3 flights, but on the 4th I took it into the grass after experimenting by switching to manual mode. Whoops…. It was at full throttle at the time of the crash, as I was trying to recover the fall. Da…But that is when my day was over. Any advice and steps to trouble shoot without tearing down the craft? Thank you from The Newbie that is addicted and still learning!!.. Thanks

I will keep looking through all the other posts, this issue may have been covered before.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSMAN29

Newbie figured it out. The 4 in 1 ESC SkyIII Quattro went bad. I pulled all the motors and bench tested them and they worked fine. Next I pulled out the 4 in 1 and bench tested it and was able to recreate the same thing it was doing on my quad. There for not being hook up to anything else. Looks like I'm going back to the single ESC's. Lesson learned is if you have a 4 in 1 and 1 in 4 goes bad..... Well you know the end to this riddle.