3 axis gimbal for sony alpha 6000 (nex6)

Claust

Hi guys,

i am assembling my new tarot 680pro, which will have the new e600 propulsion system from dji once it finally arrives.

i am searching for the best 3 axis gimbal for a sony nex6 size camera, and am torn between the arris zhaoyun which costs 700usd and the rctimer asp which costs half as much, 350 usd. Both have the alexmos controller.

arris looks like the better build, has support for the camera on both sides and better wiring plus it seems better protection of the camera, but also weighs like 140 grams more.

any of you who have experience with either of these two gimbals, or have any advise at all;-) ??

banga

Same question i need gimbal for my x8 i have nex5n. 350 is not small difference i already have secraft antivibro so i am not planing to use the one that will come with gimbal. What do u think. I have read posts regarding asap and i am bit sceptic but i think main problem with it are vibration dumpers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Claust,
I have a RCTIMER ASP 2-Axis gimbal for a Sony Nex camera and would not recommend it.

As you said I think the camera needs to be supported on both sides. It's to flimsy and very hard to balance and to keep it's balance jurying transport to flying sites.

Claust

Hi Claust,
I have a RCTIMER ASP 2-Axis gimbal for a Sony Nex camera and would not recommend it.

As you said I think the camera needs to be supported on both sides. It's to flimsy and very hard to balance and to keep it's balance jurying transport to flying sites.

OK, thanks for your feedback. Have decided on buying the Arris Zhaoyun 3-axis;
+ Better support of Camera on both sides
+ Better wiring
+ Supports multiple cameras
+ Better protection of camera
+ Assembled and tested in flight

- Weight

Have an Arris CM3000 and it works flawlessly. Even came with a CD with the test flight for my specific gimbal - Nice!
Hope for the same with the ZhaoYun :)

Klaus

OK, thanks for your feedback. Have decided on buying the Arris Zhaoyun 3-axis;
+ Better support of Camera on both sides
+ Better wiring
+ Supports multiple cameras
+ Better protection of camera
+ Assembled and tested in flight

- Weight

Have an Arris CM3000 and it works flawlessly. Even came with a CD with the test flight for my specific gimbal - Nice!
Hope for the same with the ZhaoYun :)

I have bought the same Gimbal together with a ARRIS M680 but haven't got it yet. Hobby-Wing are going to take a video of the whole setup this Monday :nevreness: Looking forward to see it.

Claust

I have bought the same Gimbal together with a ARRIS M680 but haven't got it yet. Hobby-Wing are going to take a video of the whole setup this Monday :nevreness: Looking forward to see it.

Nice :)

Can't wait to assemble my new rig; Tarot680pro, E600 propulsion, 6s batteries, Arris Zhaoyun 3-axis, Sony a6000 camera.

Now I'm just waiting for everything to be released... Gimbal on its way, E600 hopefully really soon, and camera in April...

Klaus

Yeah difficult to wait.

Your setup is pretty much the same as mine (nearly)

Arris M680 with Arris Zhaoyun 3-axis, Sony NEX5R camera.

Have you bought yours from Hobby-Wing?

repenergy

Do you have the Zhaoyun with a6000 working?
Im just bought an a6000 and I am about to order Arris 680 with Zhaoyun 3X, seems to be best gimbal I could find.

Recommendations:
Motors?
Props?
Battery?

Claust

Mine is back for repair, main board was defect (dead)
Still sure this is the best gimbal though :) Had the CM3000 and it worked flawlessly

stanleyy

Hi guys,

i am assembling my new tarot 680pro, which will have the new e600 propulsion system from dji once it finally arrives.

i am searching for the best 3 axis gimbal for a sony nex6 size camera, and am torn between the arris zhaoyun which costs 700usd and the rctimer asp which costs half as much, 350 usd. Both have the alexmos controller.

arris looks like the better build, has support for the camera on both sides and better wiring plus it seems better protection of the camera, but also weighs like 140 grams more.

any of you who have experience with either of these two gimbals, or have any advise at all;-) ??

what about EZ gimbal (http://www.gimbalshop.eu/index.php?id_product=2&controller=product&id_lang=1) + 3 axis extension with landing gear? (http://www.gimbalshop.eu/index.php?id_product=3&controller=product&id_lang=1) :)

cappy10

Mine is back for repair, main board was defect (dead)
Still sure this is the best gimbal though :) Had the CM3000 and it worked flawlessly

Just curious how its working for you? I'm thinking about a purchase for my A6000 as well, does it work well with it? will it work with a 7ch receiver?

Claust

It fits, but i am not happy with the performance and level of tuning required, so have ordered a zenmuse instead.
If you go for the arris choose the 32 bit, mine is 8 bit

Jumpy07

I have the A6000 on he Z15N Zenmuse.. I used the DJI hdmi cable for the BMPCC gimbal (A6000 is micro hdmi), and used the NEX6 plate with some filing.... works great..

I have a A6000. Love the camera. Large issue with the connections on the side and the side that its on. Its on the left side as your looking from the back of the camera. Using the old gimble I was able to get enough clearance with a 90 degree Micro HDMI, but the "AV" connector is not a USB micro. Its a proprietary" connection Sony uses. The gentles controller works fantastic for Video/ shutter off a 3 position switch, and the zoom works nice, but using any gimble with the left side from the back its going to be a reall pain since gentles controller is a straigh connection not a 90 degree. I have a DYS gimble and have heard really good things about it I find that the camera even though built a mirror image to a left hand version its not going to line up the lens very good to the roll axis. Looking for a solution to this....any thoughts or suggestions. Yes a 3 axis zen would be nice, but ...

I was able to get it to work. The clearance was only made possible by the weight of the glass and the camera being moved back on the DYS gimble for clearance when I cg'd it. I just tuned it last night with zoom. Love it. Very smooth.