3 Axis BGC is here

DennyR

Too Bad that Roberto Navoni cant be bothered to edit out the start up garbage but looks like they get the new 3axis board working pretty good now. :tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks pretty dialed in. We are getting decent results with Alexmos, but I find it to be time consuming to tune. Does this board make it quicker?

DennyR

It is more complicated, but a better design and build quality with a more powerful processor. Firmware may still be a while before it is fully sorted and there are some alternative gyro tweaks to the IMU board in the pipe, so I believe.

Whereas Alex does a fine job, these guys are a team. It did not take them much time to catch up.

Their FC board is also pretty awesome now that it is more user friendly. When they port this thing to integrate with the FC/GPS then it will be the answer to Zenmuse.

DennyR

Virtual Robotix sell them. It is a new product and you would have to send a request via the contacts page. Most have been sold only to developers thus far.
There is a new batch available and the price for a three axis is 160 Euros plus 10 for shipping to europe. It uses two imu's to eliminate cross axis interference./ This is not another clone of Alexmos or Martinez it is their own design. firmware and GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

That is pretty cool but what I find most impressive about that video is the guy with the camera shooting the video. In the reflection you can see him using a hand held video camera to shoot yet video looks like it was shot from a tripod (-;

DennyR

Looks pretty dialed in. We are getting decent results with Alexmos, but I find it to be time consuming to tune. Does this board make it quicker?

Ben most difficulties with tuning stem from the gimbal itself. Your camera wires should exit through the center of one of the tilt bearings and the balance of the pan axis should be neutral at all angles. Any stiffness though miss alignment of the bearings will show up however small.