3.2Kg Hex, Prop and Motor Advice

Av8Chuck

I have a 7lb (3.2Kg) Hex with 30amp ESC's, Turnigy D3536 (1000Kv) and 10" Graupner E-Props.

I'm using a NAZA Vs 1 so the throttle has always felt kind of strange to me but it lifts off at about 75% throttle and hovers a little less than that. I've only flown it with the larger camera and gimbal a couple of times and never more than four minutes on a 5800Mah 4s battery. Flies quite well, but its on the scary end of full throttle, doesn't feel like there's a lot left for maneuvering.

I have six new Avroto M2814-11S 770KV motors and I was thinking of using APC 11x4.7 props, do you think this would give me enough additional thrust to improve performance? I would like to get back to about a 50% hover.

I forgot to mention that I checked out eCalc but the Avroto motors are not in the list of motors.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Get your detailed motor specs and simply enter them into eCalc as a custom motor..... and it will provide good results for you.
I have a 7lb (3.2Kg) Hex with 30amp ESC's, Turnigy D3536 (1000Kv) and 10" Graupner E-Props.

I'm using a NAZA Vs 1 so the throttle has always felt kind of strange to me but it lifts off at about 75% throttle and hovers a little less than that. I've only flown it with the larger camera and gimbal a couple of times and never more than four minutes on a 5800Mah 4s battery. Flies quite well, but its on the scary end of full throttle, doesn't feel like there's a lot left for maneuvering.

I have six new Avroto M2814-11S 770KV motors and I was thinking of using APC 11x4.7 props, do you think this would give me enough additional thrust to improve performance? I would like to get back to about a 50% hover.

I forgot to mention that I checked out eCalc but the Avroto motors are not in the list of motors.

Av8Chuck

I kind of figured that out but I don't know where to find the detailed information about these motors, which is why i'm guessing their not listed in the drop down.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Plug in the following data and see what develops..... moving down to 770kv is a good step in the right direction.... more efficient, relatively speaking....Manufacturer Data:Model number M2814-11S

• Weight approximately 100 grams not including wires.
  • External Dimensions 35mm D x 36mm L
  • Stator Dimensions 28mm D x 14mm L
  • Internal Shaft diameter 4mm.
  • Prop Adapter diameter 6mm.
  • No-load speed: 770 rpm / V
  • Ri (Internal Resistance) 100
  • Io (no load current) 0.5A
  • Voltage for Io measurement 10V
  • Current capacity 25A/180s
  • Watts: 350
  • Lipo cell 3-4
  • Wire length 600mm
  • 14magnets 12 stator arms 12N 14P
    I kind of figured that out but I don't know where to find the detailed information about these motors, which is why i'm guessing their not listed in the drop down.

Av8Chuck

Thanks for the info. I put that into eCalc, I suspect I made a mistake because it says that it should hover at approximately 48% [linear, whatever that means] and about 2 minutes longer. Oh if it were only true.

Good thing is that it won't cost me anything to find out.

Thanks again for your help.

~chuck