Some new additions for my 450

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I bought a couple of items recently, thought I would share them with you guys...

First off I bought myself some landing skids, with plenty of room for a gimbal shortly, as of now I am dangling my GoPro hero 2 under the gimbal mount (Zip Ties are GREAT!). I got this off of eBay, from a guy in China... nice long wait. It is mainly fiberglass rods, with an abs or some form of plastic outriggers. Fiberglass mounts, some rubber isolation and screws. $25.98.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/landing-gea...s_RadioControlled_JN&var=&hash=item2326f53e0d

Next I bought some more GemFan (again), added weight of the Skids and GoPro threw out my gains and, well, I rolled it and tore up 2 Props. Still at $2.00 each, you can't complain about it. Now the cool parts... I bought 1 meter of Flexible self adhesive Waterproof LED Lights (White) and 1 meter of (Red). Very Fast shipping again, from gothelirc.com. I can't recommend these guys enough, very polite and easy to deal with.
(LIGHTS) http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=188&cat=LED/Lights
(PROPS) http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=178&cat=GemFan+Carbon/ABS+Mix+Prop Direct 10" replacement for DJI Motors.

Here are some photos of the setup so far, I do not have my GemFans installed at this time..

IMG_7425_zpsa3390073.jpg

IMG_7440_zpsb754b0f2.jpg

IMG_7442_zpsf5e4ce5c.jpg

IMG_7446_zps1b6afc8e.jpg

IMG_7447_zps7584a97d.jpg

I must say, she looks great out in the dark, orientation is easy but a huge drain on the battery. I am only getting 6 minutes flight time on this very cold night, but I do also have the added weight of both the lights and the landing skids.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
deanot_zps155e69bb.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

Xaircraft rubber grommets fit those load rails and they are much softer and absorb more vibration. I like having the 2 layers of vibe isolation, well 3 including the silicon sticky gyro pad thats holding on the GP Mount. but it was the Graupners that changed the vibe game for me.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Interesting.... I have a maglev type prop balancer coming soon, hope I can reduce some vibrations with it. The DJI 10" props certainly have more vibration than my GemFans, I can hear the noise in flight.... Not Good.

Might be time to buy a bigger battery.... lol, I am going to need more flight time with this weight.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I was getting about 14 - 15 minutes without skids, gopro or lights. That was on a 2650 Nano-Tech 3S. Thinking about some 4000's, what times are you seeing right now?

Bowley

pretty sure I'm getting about 12 minutes with 4000 4S, GP3, VTx+800 lipo, keep forgetting to turn my timer on, certainly noticed a big difference with Graupners and then a big difference jumping to 4S.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
pretty sure I'm getting about 12 minutes with 4000 4S, GP3, VTx+800 lipo, keep forgetting to turn my timer on, certainly noticed a big difference with Graupners and then a big difference jumping to 4S.

Thanks for the info, will look into 4S 4000's... :)

Lumalee

Did mine a year or so ago even though I only uploaded a video late last year, but they made all the difference for me as I love flying at dusk, but I did just the end of the legs to conserve battery power, still visible and easy to read, ultra high intensity white and red LED's are amazing.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Did mine a year or so ago even though I only uploaded a video late last year, but they made all the difference for me as I love flying at dusk, but I did just the end of the legs to conserve battery power, still visible and easy to read, ultra high intensity white and red LED's are amazing.

I was thinking of doing that myself, I get about 8 minutes flight time with them on now... :(