Omnibus F4 V3 + Frsky R-XSR receiver = frustration

Adam39

I am brand new to racing quads but was excited enough to know i wanted to get a good well-known transmitter rig to roll with on future quads. I had previously learned to fly via your typical auto-level syma thing, and it just left me wanting more control and power. So I made the tremendous mistake of buying an "ARF" eachine wizard x220s so i could have a Taranis QX7 paired with it. I'd like to think had i settled for the lame controller the RTF came with, I wouldn't be in this mess.

As an absolute noob, i figured, how hard could it be to slap on a compatible receiver to go with my Taranis QX7 right? I'm decent with computer hardware and with the eachine wizard being a very popular beginner quadcopter, you would think i could get a clear answer on the configuration using the also critically acclaimed frsky r-xsr receiver right? Learning to solder was no issue despite having little experience, so I was able to solder what i think is correct and even get it bound to the transmitter. This was already after hours of research and finally finding this video... The guy was even telling me what commands to enter with betaflight so it was a sure fire thing with my exact hardware right? WRONG!

So I'm still stuck. Basically the past day or so has been spent frantically googling Omnibus F4 V3, frsky r-xsr, betaflight configurations, all that in every possible combination. Most other videos claiming to have a solution were just having epiphanies about forgetting to connect the sbus bridge, which i had already done in the first place thanks to this MirkoFPV guy.

I know betaflight has been in cahoots with frsky about this receiver and has made a special fport protocol, but guess what, i can't get that to work either. All the inversion command nonsense i'm totally aware of as well and went through every possible permutation, and doesn't seem to be doing anything to help despite endless trial and error.

Through this whole process of trying to enter functional territory, i've already learned way more than i expected to. I updated the FW on my QX7 transmitter which went smoothly, as well as the receiver firmware, which specifically gave me my f.port protocol.

In regards to the attached picture: This was the state of my FC and receiver during the majority of my trial and error via Betaflight. I tried posting this to rcgroups previously, but it's been over 24 hours and the post still hasn't even appeared in the forum so idk what's going on there. Since then I decided to cut the yellow wire and solder it to the receiver's negated "P" pad (aka, the "uninversion" hack)... Left everything else as pictured, still no dice. I'm hoping it's just a matter of swapping a couple wires on the FC or something, because in terms of software, there is nothing i haven't tried.

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_131742.jpg
    IMG_20180916_131742.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 399