Can The CC3D Revolution be used on a H8 configuration octocopter?

brunoau

Hello all! I am wondering if I could use a CC3D Revo to control a H8 octocopter for aerial video. Does anyone know about it and if not, which FC do you recommend? Any comment will be highly appreciated.

Cheers from Bruno

violetwolf

Not sure about the Revo but my favorite FC is the FixHawk by RcTimer. (Same thing as the Pixhawk but cheaper and possibly better manufacturering.)

brunoau

Thank you indeed. I have had a look at the FixHawk and it looks like it is well manufactured. I am going to ask RCtimer about its compatibility with the V8 octocopter which I have designed and I am building. I have experimented with several types of anti-vibration mounts for my camera and I found that the wire mount I made are the most satisfactory (see
). So I decided to use 4 mounts of this type on my new octocopter, as you can see in the attached photos. The bottom two cross tubes will carry the platform and I will add on it a smaller mount for my camera A lot of work and not so easy, but worth it.

Attachments

• Main structure front view.jpg
    Main structure front view.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 516
  • Anti-vibration mount.jpg
    Anti-vibration mount.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 340

violetwolf

Yes the FixHawk / Pixhawk is a very professional system that is well suited to high end pro aerial photography rigs. It's a system you can grow into.

Interesting stabiliser rig for sure! Thanks for sharing