Movi M5, Gremsy H6, Defy G2X, DJI Ronin-M, any others?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Am I missing any?

I'm familiar with the M5 but how are the others working out for you guys?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sub'd. This will hopefully get good!

The Gremsy H3 was announced for preorder and planned shipping in July. Handles up to 1.7kg.

Also, the Infinity for gh4 size cameras looks really nice.

Bartman

what's an Infinity? 1.7kg might be perfect for a build I"m doing for a buddy of mine (as soon as I get a new shop set up of course)

Bartman

How about MOZA Lite, which is a similar lightweight gimbal like ronin-m.

Queena, welcome to multirotorforums.com and thanks for posting that! I hadn't heard of that one before. looks like it's nicely designed, we'll have to follow along once it's released and see what kind of feedback it generates. that's your company I guess? How has the larger MOZA been doing in the market and out in the field?

Is there an adapter for each model so they can be flown under a multi-rotor heli?

Bart

jfro

Aerial Fun
Am I missing any?

I'm familiar with the M5 but how are the others working out for you guys?

You hit a few of the more expensive ones . There are plenty of others working in the DSLR Aerial world and more coming. Prices are coming down. It's getting confusing, but in a good way.

I've get great footage on a Centerpiece and DYS Eagle Eye as are others. I also get good footage on a DIY with the Centerpiece and am currently starting two more builds and going to testing another gimbal controller. I anticipate more goodness.

A few months ago the Movi M5 would have been on my wish list, but out of my price range. Today, even if I could afford it, it wouldn't be on my list based on what I have and what is coming.

There are so many gimbals out there right now, but the trick is sorting through them to find out what's flying and what's not.

Tried to start a thread about current state of gimbals a while so we could talk about all the technologies without highjacking any one manufacturers thread.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/threads/gimbals-encoders-2nd-half-2015-have-we-arrived.25177/

The next 90-120 days should turn out some new products and if they deliver, the market for Movi like results for the dslr market and down for MR's is going to be set around $900 to $1200 or so. Exciting times.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It seems they really should be separated by whether they come with a propriatary controller or not too.

It seems Movi, Gremsy, Moza and of course the DJI stuff have their own controllers.

Queena Allen

Capture the world, recording life!
Queena, welcome to multirotorforums.com and thanks for posting that! I hadn't heard of that one before. looks like it's nicely designed, we'll have to follow along once it's released and see what kind of feedback it generates. that's your company I guess? How has the larger MOZA been doing in the market and out in the field?

Is there an adapter for each model so they can be flown under a multi-rotor heli?

Bart

Hi Bart, thanks! MOZA Lite was released a month ago and is available for pre-order in its official site. I also have no idea the exact date of large MOZA pro releasing. But I can make sure that it does not adapt to a drone. While the lightweight moza lite can surely be flown under a multi-rotor helicopter. It has a corresponding adapter absolutely. Once remove the detachable handle bar, it can be mounted to a drone easily.

Bartman

OK so the MOZA and MOZA Lite are both brand new with the Lite in Pre-order right now. We'd be happy to take a look at the Lite and produce a review for it if you'd like. :)

And the MOZA will be hand-held use only, thanks for clearing that up.