MultiRotorForums.com to attend CES!!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
After a week or two of trying unsuccessfully to get a press pass to attend CES I found out this morning that I will be attending on Tuesday using a guest pass provided by DJI. Thanks to Tahoe Ed for making that happen!

CES is the Consumer Electronics Show, an annual event in Las Vegas, Nevada which happens to be the largest trade show in the world. It runs this week from the 6th through the 9th.

Take a look at the website and tell me what you want me to go look at and report on. There should be a ton of RTF multi-media helicopters as well as all of the new camera technology. Surf over to the site and review the vendors list, I'll try to do as much as I can based on your suggestions.

http://www.cesweb.org/

Bart

dtw

KC1UAV
GoPro is supposed to be announcing and/or demonstrating their new drone for 2015, I think. I don't know if they're just announcing it or if they'll actually have something to demonstrate but please post pictures if you see this or can. Their stock went up a bit when they made the press release about offering a new UAS (has since retreated a bit), but would love to see if it's all worth the hype. GoPro's target date for releasing the drone is 3rd/4th quarter 2015, but maybe they'll have a prototype or more info.

Thanks!

Mrtarango32

Don't report on the inspire1. Feel like we've all had enough unboxing videos and threads on it.
Unless they come out with something new and cool.

Old Man

Up and coming for 3D Robotics please. Current release trends indicate bigger and better stuff in the works.

Also new product plans from Eagle Tree. I have the feeling these two makers will soon become the prime players in the U.S. market. Ready Made may be another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

Grill AirDog...
i googled it, it's a fuel system for diesel trucks???

via facebook someone asked that I try to find info on collision avoidance hardware for sUAS.

@Old Man ; i don't think 3DR will be there, I didn't see them in the attendee list although I'm pretty sure Colin Guinn will be there walking the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzab

@Bartman. It was mentioned on DIYDrones that Chris Anderson was speaking at CES. No idea if it's accurate. But I would be very surprised if 3DR wasn't there.

Bartman

What action cameras are worth looking at other than the gopro 4? Footage from the Sony action can doesn'took so hot but someone mentioned another one a week or two ago but I can't remember what it was

tstrike

pendejo grande
Check out the hand held inspire camera rig from dii, looks kind of cool. In fact I'll bet small hand held brushless gimbals for phones will
be all the rage this year. Have fun!

Old Man

HDMI converters for things like a Black Magic would be a stellar find! As for cameras, anything that's relatively small with all the right things in easy to work with places would be good. Affordable Pix4D?

Bartman

Check out the hand held inspire camera rig from dii, looks kind of cool. In fact I'll bet small hand held brushless gimbals for phones will
be all the rage this year. Have fun!
hand held rigs is a good idea, it'll be interesting to see how different companies have responded in the year or two since Freefly crushed everyone
i didn't see Freefly on the attendee list, curiously enough

tstrike

pendejo grande
Get Ed to let you take his Inspire out for a spin and make him bring the beers what with you being a guest in the state and all...

Bartman

Get Ed to let you take his Inspire out for a spin and make him bring the beers what with you being a guest in the state and all...
He offered to let me fly it at their indoor cage so I'll probably take him up on that and then use a complicated diversionary tactic to get it into my overnight bag!!

Bartman

Here's where I'm at so far

Airdog (auto-follow quadcopter for GoPro)
DJI (Inspire Quad and camera hand-mount)
FLIR (thermal imaging cameras)
GoPro (Hero 4 and quadcopter?)
Panasonic/Sony/Canon, actioncams, cameras
Wuhan (thermal imaging camera)
Yuneec (RTF quadcopters)

plus...
Collision avoidance info

Also, fwiw, as sUAS/drones continue to make headway in the US and elsewhere, we will see more and more dedicated trade shows where we won't have to cherry pick through a bunch of totally unrelated vendors to find specific information about sUAS/Drones/Multi-Rotor-Heli's.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
We've had a lot of evolutionary changes over the three years I hav been doing this. Would be nice to know if some revolutionary technology comes along either in flight controllers or camera (including accessories and post production software) that will be a real game changer.

Bartman

will also be stopping by Hubsan and RC Logger

The Giroptic 360cam looks interesting and the perfect size for a multi-rotor helicopter

also will keep an eye out for Pix4D related tech

have to go to bed, wake up call at 3am to catch a flight to vegas