Racerx1962

attachment.php

Attachments

• MINIX.jpg
    MINIX.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 454

kloner

Aerial DP
The imu is built into the io like a naza then, right? wish the superX would have been caught up with the ppm and mac compatibility...

Awesome new product but it's a little unsettling that people building flight controllers for our machines couldn't spell the abbreviation for October correctly...

kloner

Aerial DP
it's like a naza compared to the wk or a2 in the imu being seperate, which is kinda big, but overall it's like a $279 naza with waypoints..... or a $129 naza gps. probably a good option if it still works like the biggun

dazzab

The imu is built into the io like a naza then, right? wish the superX would have been caught up with the ppm and mac compatibility...
I'm not a big fan of the IMU being built in to the controller. And yes, it's about time they supported PPM and Mac. I would like to see the ability to use the log data for geotagging. I wonder if there are going to be improvements in the SuperX as well? I heard a few hints not long ago but they were very vague.

kloner

Aerial DP
i don't see anything about mac or iphone like mentioned in the thread. that link xmouse took me to says Windows system ONLY..... BOOOOO

also says
Android Pad App operation for the ground station....

i don't see anything about mac or iphone like mentioned in the thread. that link xmouse took me to says Windows system ONLY..... BOOOOO

also says
Android Pad App operation for the ground station....

Installing Windows on a Mac in dual-boot is not a big deal really, I did it last week in anticipation of having to use my MacBook Pro for configuring my SuperX controllers, etc. and if an idiot like me can do it...

The only problem I ran into was having to download specific Windows 8 Bootcamp drivers for my machine and installing them while in Windows to get my hardware to function properly. Going through the "vanilla" Bootcamp install left me with a crippled Windows installation. The link below is a good resource for these drivers. The fella that runs the site does some good tutorials also. Otherwise Bootcamp is pretty cool and Windows runs lightning fast on my 16gig/SSD machine.

http://www.123myit.com/boot-camp-drivers/

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
I have windows on bootloader and in parralells, they both uck, windows sucks, everybody once into ap has a mac..... It is a hassle to switch back and forth.

I have windows on bootloader and in parralells, they both uck, windows sucks, everybody once into ap has a mac..... It is a hassle to switch back and forth.

Didn't mean to imply you needed help with this directly kloner, just commenting on my personal experience. Thought you must have had this all figured-out many moons ago. ;)

Indeed, the suck is strong with Windows, I was surprised to see just how much after not using it since XP SP2 years ago... It is one big virus/spyware app that happens to be an OS also..?

It is a hassle but in my case it was either dual boot or buy another small laptop to use exclusively for nothing but R/C and I'm throwing a scary amount of $ at my new hobby as it is. ;)

From xair fb page: ****You can purchase through me via the international@xaircraft.com email address. Please be aware of some new information which has come to light from the Head Office. The reason MINIX is so cheap can be attributed to the use of lower grade sensors and cheaper chips/electronics. This will effectively create a new market for MINIX, ie for those pilots that just want to chuck something round the sky and not overly concerned about GPS accuracy for position hold etc. ****

kloner

Aerial DP
that was my point about it being like a naza vs A2.......

Wonder what the wrappin up customers like that is about. Also wonder why Drew isn't selling them

Av8Chuck

that was my point about it being like a naza vs A2.......

Wonder what the wrappin up customers like that is about. Also wonder why Drew isn't selling them

I kind of got the impression from Drew and my last SuperX purchase from them that they have moved on to selling other things. I could be wrong and they might still sell the SuperX if you asked for one but XAircraft seemed to disappear for a bit and have not made much progress with upgrades to the SuperX.

People have a pretty short attention span in this hobby and if the developers aren't consistently updating their products then users move on to the next.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I kind of got the impression from Drew and my last SuperX purchase from them that they have moved on to selling other things. I could be wrong and they might still sell the SuperX if you asked for one but XAircraft seemed to disappear for a bit and have not made much progress with upgrades to the SuperX.

People have a pretty short attention span in this hobby and if the developers aren't consistently updating their products then users move on to the next.

Could not be further from the truth, XA are still very much in business and only pursuing RC type aircraft, many new products under development and SX is regarded as 'Pro' hardware, MiniX consumer type quality. Many would like to see XA disappear but that will not happen, they are cashed up and have many projects. China and Asia are XA's main market representing 90% by volume of their business, constant development of a product that works as advertised is not critical to them and clearly not important in the Asian market place.

X

jfro

Aerial Fun
Could not be further from the truth, XA are still very much in business and only pursuing RC type aircraft, many new products under development and SX is regarded as 'Pro' hardware, MiniX consumer type quality. Many would like to see XA disappear but that will not happen, they are cashed up and have many projects. China and Asia are XA's main market representing 90% by volume of their business, constant development of a product that works as advertised is not critical to them and clearly not important in the Asian market place.

X

With winter coming in and having taken my Super X off my x8 and onto a quad, this may be a good time to take it off and sell it. Pretty disheartening to think they aren't adding any more features. It may work as advertised for most (it does on my quad) but I never got it totally satisfactory dialed in on my x8 with either 700 or 400kv motors. I did like how it handled in heavy winds, but never felt like I got it handling silky smooth with the x8.

With winter coming in and having taken my Super X off my x8 and onto a quad, this may be a good time to take it off and sell it. Pretty disheartening to think they aren't adding any more features. It may work as advertised for most (it does on my quad) but I never got it totally satisfactory dialed in on my x8 with either 700 or 400kv motors. I did like how it handled in heavy winds, but never felt like I got it handling silky smooth with the x8.

Hey Jfro,

Im very close to taking the superx off of my vulcan x8 and either turning the vulcan into a flat hex or getting another flight controller. The Superx works pretty good when the winds are calm, but it gets slightly hairy when the winds pickup. On Friday I was doing a gig and the winds were around 15-20mph and it was doing actually ok, but it got slightly weird. When I started to come down to land it would suddenly cut motor power, it did it a few times. I would recover by giving it more power until I got her to land. Im going to check the black box and see what the issue was, do you mind giving me your gains you ran? Also what FC would you recommend for an X8?

Thanks Again,