Thoughts on Aerialmediapros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adanac

I just got off the phone there with someone named Emily who seemed determined to make me feel like she was not into helping me purchase a lipo. I was thinking of getting an S1000. Should I look elsewhere or was this just an isolated incident? I think I had great service from them a while back (at least I think it was them). Maybe I just caught someone on a bad day?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I just got off the phone there with someone named Emily who seemed determined to make me feel like she was not into helping me purchase a lipo. I was thinking of getting an S1000. Should I look elsewhere or was this just an isolated incident? I think I had great service from them a while back (at least I think it was them). Maybe I just caught someone on a bad day?

i don't think a lot of people call them just for a Lipo unless it was a Phantom specific Lipo maybe.

it was probably just a bad day. can't you order a Phantom Lipo online?

Probably best to not use MRF to undercut related business that pays for advertising here in support of MRF.... but we understand that some customer contact people lack tact and EQ when it comes to dealing with customers. Customers do not need to be treated with disdain for asking the wrong questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexa mister

My experience with Patric was great before I made my order. After receiving my Multi copter when I needed a little help, not a great experience.
As a result my money goes else were.

I brought most of my original setup from them, they answered all my emails and questions in a timely fashion before and after purchase. They forgot to ship me my props with my kit and promptly sent them out no arguing or dramas. I do believe they are very busy and probably have a mixture of people there who have varying levels of experience and knowledge. If you are not happy with the response you get first, email them back and state that, i'm sure they will do their best to answer you.

There are also a number of people who get all the knowledge and advice from them then spend their money elsewhere. So i guess they may not treat someone who is looking to just purchase a phantom battery as well as a customer who is wanting a RTF solution. Not saying it is right or is actually the case just I know I would get a bit frustrated if it were my business and I spent allot of my time helping people who either dont end up spending anything or by items with low margins. My two cents worth

adanac

I had a great e-mail correspondence with Mitchell after the fact - all good. I also think they are super busy!

kloner

Aerial DP
I've never even heard of Emily.... he is growing as fast as dji did

Mitch is you man over there, don't bother talking to anybody else unless patrick answers the phone....

Mojave

I went to the Aerial Media Pros shop a few weeks ago and purchased a Futaba radio to control the gimbal (photographer set-up) for a 'heavy lift' project, they were indeed very busy. I just ordered the A2 package from the website and I worked with Wendy when they did not have all of the components; she was very responsive.

I do like to support 'local' when I can and the advertisers on this forum. They have some good beginner videos on their site; between those and "Group Build, DJI NAZA/F450 Quadcopter!" here - I was able to build my F550. I have dealt with Mitchell and Patrick; they typically do not chat a lot but are helpful. I agree with Kloner, Mitch was very helpful when I ordered my F550.

MierImage

Why I Fly DJI or why I almost didn't and now do.

Some things I look for in any product I invest in:

Reliability: pretty explanatory here.

Ease of Use/repair: is it intuitive enough such that I can apply the skills I’ve acquired elsewhere and apply them to it?

Function: Does it perform as advertised? Will it get the job done?

Authorized Dealer: Here I’m looking for trustworthiness. Can dealer be relied upon to take care of their customers. I could go on here but, this gets the point across.

I knew that if I was to get into this as a business or even as a hobby I wanted something absolutely reliable. We all do. I did my research and found that there are some really amazing systems out there. Some were just far beyond my reach both financially and technically. I really didn't have the time nor the knowledge to do a full build or the money to pay for it all. Flying I can do! And for me, reverse engineering something works best on learning how to do a full build later on.

So, I researched and came across two companies. DJI and Aerial Media Pros.

Now, are DJI products reliable? Well, the countless forum posts I’ve read and videos I’ve seen would have me believe not. However, the guys at Aerial Media Pros think differently and certainly did their best to convince me otherwise.

After many times back and forth with them on the phone regarding the purchase of the S800 Evo, I placed my order...but kept coming across those crash videos, and forum posts ripping apart DJI products. "What the F*** did I just do?" I just spent money I really didn't have on a product that I now wanted nothing to do with. Call it what you want but, I was done before I even started.

I had came across so much bad press on DJI products that I was convinced it was a bad investment and that I had made a very big and expensive mistake. A day later I called up Aerial Media Pros to cancel my order of the S800 Evo.

Enter Patrick and Mitchell. You couldn't come across a greater bunch of guys. They believe in what they do and the products they sell. A business does not continue to grow by selling unreliable products, if they did what does that say about their customers or them?

I have a saying, 'If negativity spreads like wildfire then let positivity be the rain that puts it out.'

I 'd like to think of both Patrick and Mitchell as the rain. They put a positive spin on this whole negative stance I had taken. And, they took care of me as a customer. They provided that much needed reassurance that I was not only buying a reliable product but, that I would be really happy with it.

Hmm? That was my initial response just before I reinstated my order. I was still slightly unsure but, I really wanted to trust these guys. They were, after all, the "Pros." When I by a product I'm not only investing in the maker of that product but, I'm also looking to build a loyal relationship with the dealer who sold it to me. I felt that with Aerial Media Pros I was not only getting a sincere truth about their belief in DJI products but, that I would not be disappointed now nor later down the road with my purchase. They couldn't have been more correct!

I'm thrilled to say that not once has my S800 Evo failed me. She flys absolutely beautifully! I must add that no product is without its flaws. Not one! Always room for improvement. That's what keeps technology advancing in the world. We're approaching an exponential curve in technological advancements and soon it will shoot up like a rocket! This stuff is going to blow our minds sooner than we all think. As for now, with my S800 Evo and the build quality from Aerial Media Pros, I couldn't be more thrilled. And a very special shout out to Brian and Winston both of whom keep very busy working miracles behind the scenes!

I invite you all to visit our website and view our demo to see a very small sampling of what we have so far achieved with our S800 Evo. More to come!

Thank you to DJI and Aerial Media Pros!

Happy flying all!
-Jason
mierimageaerials

Hey Guys,

I just came across this thread, and must say I am very disappointed to see one of my customers expressing a less that geat experience. Those that know me, know that I work my butt off to provide a great experience when dealing with us. I do appreciate this being brought to my attention. Now that I know, I can take immediate action to solve this mishap in customer service, and I can make changes to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can rest assured that I will be having a team meeting Monday morning, and it will start with a copy of the original Post in this thread. Emily is one of our newest additions to our team (started a few weeks ago) . She was brought aboard to handle front reception, and to route calls to the proper department. Although she is learning quickly, she has a long way to go to be brought up to my High level of expectations. I do sincerely apologize for any poor service you received. I can honestly say that this is Certainly not a normal experience when dealing with us. I will address this immediately. Thanks for reaching out. Should anyone EVER have feedback regarding service and support from AMP, simply send an email to myself at patrick@aerialmediapros.com. By emailing and or contacting us directly, I can take action to address your concerns on a personally level, and I can personally make sure your taken care of.

With that being said. I will be the first to tell you, that I know we need to take action to further improve our ability to answer ALL calls an emails on a daily basis. This is something that I never stop working on. In the past 2 years we have experienced an unimaginable growth, and along with that comes some growing pains that all companies at this level experience. To give a little idea of what a day at AMP looks like, We receive close to 200 emails, over 100 phone calls, and non stop walk ins on a daily basis. Over half of our calls come from people that have bought from someone else. Most of the questions are things like, why don't my props on the phantom start up, how do I charge a battery, how do I know which is a clockwise prop, etc etc etc. This causes a bit of a problem because I try my absolute best to help everyone whether they buy from us or not, but my 3 tech/support guys spend an incredible amount of time answering general tech questions, that the company who sold the customer the product should be answering. With a team of 7 full time employees, I still feel like we are missing calls and emails. This frustrates me deeply, because I badly want to help everyone to the best of our ability.

To help with this, I will immediately be hiring two more reps. I will train them, and their only job will be to help answer customers questions like the one adanak originally had. On that note, I will be posting a thread looking for a couple good guys that are interested in joining the AMP team for a Full Time position at our location in Orange County CA. If anyone is interested, feel free to email us at contact@aerialmediapros.com.

To further help with customer service, we are currently having an entirely New Website designed that will include a new support section. Our new site will integrate into a completely new Point of sale system also that will help streamline our walk in customers. All of that has been in the works since last month and is all simply to help save time that we can then use to help our customers through the Phone and email. After remodeling our 6000 sq ft building, I have turned part of the upstairs into a studio. I am trying to put out simple how to tutorials on a weekly basis. This is being done in an effort to help address and answer some of the daily Phone call/email questions we receive. I am hoping this will also give us more time to put back into other areas of customer service. Here is an one video that I did recently to answer general questions on charging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPwSsqt_YM.

Sorry to ramble on. I just want everyone to know that I take your comments and concerns seriously, and that I am taking major actions to further improve our level of service. I feel that we already provide service that no other company can compare to. But I am also humble enough to say that I know we can always improve. This will forever be an ongoing process, as we continue to grow, so will the challenges. You can count on it that we will meet thees challenge with victory.

Whether you buy from us or not, I want you to all know that we will always treat each and every one the same. I want to thank all of you for your support and for your business. We could not have grown this fast without you, and I want you to know I appreciate you all very much. We will continue to grow, and will strive to provide you with the highest level of service. Should we ever fall short through this growth, please contact us directly so I can support you in the manner you deserve.

Sincerely,

Patrick Smith
Owner

Aerial Media Pros
888-557-6791

Patrick@aerialmediapros.com

Patrick

Great to get your side of whats happening and great to know your plans. I am a customer who has purchased from you. I live in Australia so support was not a major concern but always good to know the company you deal with know what they are doing. if i lived locally i'd put my hand up to join your organisation.

Keep putting out those videos.

iceman

Hey Guys,

To further help with customer service, we are currently having an entirely New Website designed that will include a new support section. Our new site will integrate into a completely new Point of sale system also that will help streamline our walk in customers. All of that has been in the works since last month and is all simply to help save time that we can then use to help our customers through the Phone and email. After remodeling our 6000 sq ft building, I have turned part of the upstairs into a studio. I am trying to put out simple how to tutorials on a weekly basis. This is being done in an effort to help address and answer some of the daily Phone call/email questions we receive. I am hoping this will also give us more time to put back into other areas of customer service. Here is an one video that I did recently to answer general questions on charging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPwSsqt_YM.

Sincerely,

Patrick Smith
Owner

Aerial Media Pros
888-557-6791

Sorry, a little off topic but it might be worth mentioning/noting in video for all the new users out there to use a lipo SAFE BAG and charge on a flame proof surface

I find them pretty awesome and patient. Sometimes a little tricky to get on the phone, but they do get back to you. Email seems to be the fastest way, but when you talk to them, they are knowledgeable and super helpful. The demand for people like them must be very high, so I think they are doing an amazing job.

Thoughts on AerialMediaPros?
Excellent.... end of story......
Enough of this krap posting thread......time to move on to the next topic. :tennis:

Maverick

Enough of this krap posting thread......time to move on to the next topic. :tennis:

+1!!!

CLOSE THE THREAD!

I have bought from AMP also - no issues - prompt and reliable service!

Maverick.

adanac

What a great post! Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I just came across this thread, and must say I am very disappointed to see one of my customers expressing a less that geat experience. Those that know me, know that I work my butt off to provide a great experience when dealing with us. I do appreciate this being brought to my attention. Now that I know, I can take immediate action to solve this mishap in customer service, and I can make changes to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can rest assured that I will be having a team meeting Monday morning, and it will start with a copy of the original Post in this thread. Emily is one of our newest additions to our team (started a few weeks ago) . She was brought aboard to handle front reception, and to route calls to the proper department. Although she is learning quickly, she has a long way to go to be brought up to my High level of expectations. I do sincerely apologize for any poor service you received. I can honestly say that this is Certainly not a normal experience when dealing with us. I will address this immediately. Thanks for reaching out. Should anyone EVER have feedback regarding service and support from AMP, simply send an email to myself at patrick@aerialmediapros.com. By emailing and or contacting us directly, I can take action to address your concerns on a personally level, and I can personally make sure your taken care of.

With that being said. I will be the first to tell you, that I know we need to take action to further improve our ability to answer ALL calls an emails on a daily basis. This is something that I never stop working on. In the past 2 years we have experienced an unimaginable growth, and along with that comes some growing pains that all companies at this level experience. To give a little idea of what a day at AMP looks like, We receive close to 200 emails, over 100 phone calls, and non stop walk ins on a daily basis. Over half of our calls come from people that have bought from someone else. Most of the questions are things like, why don't my props on the phantom start up, how do I charge a battery, how do I know which is a clockwise prop, etc etc etc. This causes a bit of a problem because I try my absolute best to help everyone whether they buy from us or not, but my 3 tech/support guys spend an incredible amount of time answering general tech questions, that the company who sold the customer the product should be answering. With a team of 7 full time employees, I still feel like we are missing calls and emails. This frustrates me deeply, because I badly want to help everyone to the best of our ability.

To help with this, I will immediately be hiring two more reps. I will train them, and their only job will be to help answer customers questions like the one adanak originally had. On that note, I will be posting a thread looking for a couple good guys that are interested in joining the AMP team for a Full Time position at our location in Orange County CA. If anyone is interested, feel free to email us at contact@aerialmediapros.com.

Sorry to ramble on. I just want everyone to know that I take your comments and concerns seriously, and that I am taking major actions to further improve our level of service. I feel that we already provide service that no other company can compare to. But I am also humble enough to say that I know we can always improve. This will forever be an ongoing process, as we continue to grow, so will the challenges. You can count on it that we will meet thees challenge with victory.

Whether you buy from us or not, I want you to all know that we will always treat each and every one the same. I want to thank all of you for your support and for your business. We could not have grown this fast without you, and I want you to know I appreciate you all very much. We will continue to grow, and will strive to provide you with the highest level of service. Should we ever fall short through this growth, please contact us directly so I can support you in the manner you deserve.

Sincerely,

Patrick Smith
Owner

Aerial Media Pros
888-557-6791

adanac

We can all as individuals move on to viewing the next topic or stay viewing, or commenting, on this topic. There is no reason to close the thread.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?

+1!!!

CLOSE THE THREAD!

I have bought from AMP also - no issues - prompt and reliable service!

Maverick.

If you guys had actually read the posts in this thread and not just the title you'd see that everyone said great things about AMP! Even the OP!

Maverick

If you guys had actually read the posts in this thread and not just the title you'd see that everyone said great things about AMP! Even the OP!

If you had actually read the OP in this thread yourself, you would see, that they felt Emily was determined to make him feel, that she was not interested in helping him purchase a lipo!!! That's why they started this thread in the first place!!!he wasn't even sure, if it WAS AMP, that they had dealt with/had great service from, before??? Ha!

And... I never commented on/criticised anyone else's post!!!...??? I merely agreed, that the thread should be closed, as he should have brought this up directly with AMP FIRST!!!, not airing his grievances on a public forum first!!!

Now I have unsubscribed to this thread, yous can rant away!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

photobobga

Off topic, sorry. Question... is it more often then not that dealers that sell and support the multirotor aerial photography and video business also are direct competitors to those that offer the same service?

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.