First FPV experience

Rehost

Hey guys just did a little flight with my new Dominators and ImmersionRC tx/rx through a GoPro 3. Gotta say in totally addicted. Was really fun and scary at the same time LOL

My question is, is it better to fly stabilized or not in FOV? I found that when doing turns I really had to give a lot of input on the sticks (roll) or the copter would drift quite a bit (on GPS stab.). I haven't tried attitude stab. yet since it got dark real fast and I froze all my extremities (-20 celcius).

Also, if you have any other tips, please share :) I'm addicted!

Dan

kloner

Aerial DP
Try either atti or manual mode. manual is more like a regular plane so you make your move and let go of the sticks. it's usually alot faster, but you loose the altitude hold at half throttle part. and that's alot of what nazas all about

Rehost

Kloner,

I'm hearing a lot of bad experiences running hero3 as an FpV cam. Which lens do you recommend if I get a dedicated camera? Either Pixim or other.

I think I will try and move into manual mode :). Oh, and definitely beginning to understand the importance of OSD lol

Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
2.8 is like a hero view,,,, i prefer 3.6 it's a little more zoomed, but not sketchy to get down low and close to stuff. Any tighter and it's good for really high flying about it

you want the pz0513 with a 2.8 if you like proximity, looks like this flying it

Last edited by a moderator:

Rehost

Why do you show me these things. Damn nice place to fly! So jealous :)

I'm worried that 2.8 might make me lose sense of speed and height? What do you think?

Thanks again Kloner!