Aeronavics / Droidworx Sky Jib 8 v2

kloner

Aerial DP
the kit came in Saturday night and i had to work sunday, but i seen some spy photos and was like does he sleep?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 348

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, it's got a temporary set on now waiting for a real power set to come. AMP maytech 65 and AMP 500 motors......

it's completely setup long range fpv, it'd be more likely to carry 20-30 amp hours of packs than reds, but none the less, i'd fly anything it can lift safely.

kloner

Aerial DP
on it's maiden i did....... It's got a set of 12x6 graupners, were doing a demo 2 man filming surfers for trans world and spy optics with a nex on saturday.... Gonna build a couple smaller 2 man brushless gimble rigs to target that market

The new motors come in next week with them tiger cf props, 15"

Ray Bahas

Hi Kloner,
I am about to order the Skijib8 and your posts are very encouraging. However, I'm still undecided about the camera mount Gimbal which needs to carry 5Ds obviously, but also Red Epic or FS700. Any hint ?
I'm also working on finding the ultimate props/motors/controller/video transmitter... configuration. Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

kloner

Aerial DP
pimpin aint easy and neither is flying reds.......... I'm also flying a cs8 with cs gimbal on kw8 pro and that thing hates reds. not saying it doesn't do it, it just wishes it could spin bigger props slower, but them kw8 pro just aren't cutting it for that rigs job. from my understanding on the jib, it takes 3515-3520's with 60 -65 amp esc's and 15-16" props to fly this frame loaded with a red right. So, I went with Aerial Media Pros Epic 500 motors with 15" CF props on 6s and maytag 65 amp opto esc's. i've seen other folks that use other vendors setups which are pretty much the same except 400kv and 16" props. I know the AMP setup is based on to make a wookong happier. The motors and esc's are so nice!!!! I'm stuck waiting for the CF prop adapters but as soon as there in i'll swap the power system over and show you guys.

This thing is setup rc control and video wise for long range FPV. it has the immersion EzUHF long range rc receiver that opens up the 2.4 band to the pilots video transmission using the lawmate 1 watt gear. The gimbal is also on immersion EzUHF for control and the video transmitter is 5.8 600mw immersion vtx. I might still switch the gimbal over to 2.4 video if we get too limited on 5.8..... the immersion 5.8 vtx transmits in hd so it's nice for hdmi converters.

The av200 is running rsgs..... ask around before heading down that road if your gonna do the red game....... The cs gimbal we fly has all the red upgrades, radian stab and the dam frame flexes still so we've had a hell of a time getting that rig flying them reliably but that radian system sure was easy to mount to the cs gimbal. kinda bulky, but who cares. i really like the simplicity of the av200 and the engineering over the cs but i can't say it works perfectly yet.

Patrick over at AMP is pretty familliar with how to fly and how to crash reds..... what works and what doesn't and his advice is free. if you get a chance give him a call and i'm sure he'd be glad to talk to you about the ins and outs. he doesn't get to the shop till 10 pdt

Ray Bahas

Great ! Many thanks Kloner I'll check all of it piece by piece and will post my experience :)

Actually I'm not crazy about flying Reds but whenever we explore the possibility of aerial filming with a client, 2 out of 3 times he asks the same "does it handle a Red Epic ?" question. And now, worth, they want Blackmagic !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

I've had em both in my hand and watched the footage. You seen this part of it?
Quickreleasemount.jpg

I'm not giving up on my xy8, just need to have a stable heavy lifter and that's different. I'm already baby sitting one for money, figured i'll need it to supplement my own gigs and to backup the one i'm working if something should happen.

where do you get this part?

3dheliguy

Hey man, I was looking at Quadrocopter they have some new booms out or have been out in a bigger size, also I'm going to double the bottom plate for the Cinestar, and should make the rig way less flexible for carrying a red in your case.

kloner

Aerial DP
he wound up buying 1000mm raw material and had it cut to 550...... there nice

were having the most problem in that red kit for the gimbal... the flat cf parts that go from the tilt pivot to the tray...... Even doubled up it wants to move around in there. pita