Futaba radio 10cap R617FS RX

Daffy

Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to ask if anyone can give me some insight on how to setup my radio settings.
I have F550 brand new using Naza-M/GPS
My radio is the Futaba 10CAP using a R617FS receiver.
I've gotten so far as to set the endpoints but cant for the life of me set the failsafe when the TX is shut down.
I have the 3 position switch setup for GPS/ATT/Failsafe. If i throw the 3 position switch to failsafe it shows in the Assistant software that it moves to failsafe but havent tried in real life while flying.
When in Assistant software and i shut the TX off it stays in GPS but the throttle will go to predetermined point which i set to 53%.

kloner

Aerial DP
haha, i got that radio

go to f/s and hit the select button, go to ch3, put the throttle up towards the center but down a little, hold down select and it should lock what throttle you have set. on mine i made a mode switch show failsafe in assistant, then in the f/s window i went to ch7 when you use sbus and with the switch set to failsafe, press and hold select and it'll make that failsafe engage when you turn it all down with the throttle over 20%

then put mode back to man, att,gps, shut off the radio while hooked to assistant and make sure it works

Daffy

Unfortunately that didnt work. when i turn off the radio the only thing that changes is the throttle position.
I got it to work with my F450 but am using a 14 ch rx. Maybe that is the problem cuz i'm using a 7ch rx with the F550.

kloner

Aerial DP
did ch7 change and show a percent in the futaba f/s window?

if it does, it must be the wrong figure. For that you go to tx cali, go to your tx endpoint window, move your mode switch to top or bottom, not center, slide down to ch7 endpoints and rotate the dial till it shows failsafe in the tx cali window. then goto the f/s window in the radio and move down to ch7 and hold down the big button inbetween the dial.

If your not using sbus, and have mode on a different ch, you need to swap out ch7 for whatever ch# mode switch is on now.

Daffy

The only ch it shows in the f/s window is ch 3.
but with the 14 ch rx for my F450 i believe it shows all the ch's. i was able to setup that just fine
i know i read in the manual under f/s section that the 7ch rx you can only set the throttle settings. which is set @ 54%

Razzil

kloner, how do you find that radio ... I picked one up several weeks ago, thinking of switching to it from my spektrum dx8, as my daily transmitter. I like it a lot, but haven't used it yet.

kloner

Aerial DP
It's pretty nice. Like it better than the 8fgs...... the rig has one of each. I personaly own the 8j and this one has 2 extra dials and weighs about double, twice as thick. the 8j is my favorite, i've never been a tray or strap guy and it's like a lighter gun or lighter pair of shoes, more comftorable longer with less in my hands.