new X6-560 design

Ellipz

new X6-650 design

After the Airrobot patent on the Y6, the less succesfull flights (wierd YAW problem) with the very experimental S6 we go traditional. X6 frame with camera, lipo, board in CG. Camera and Lipo are movable however when you want to use other size cam or lipo.

Experiencing a flip-over i thought is was a good idea to add a rollbar ;-)

Materials:
Carbon buizen en platen
Nylon 3D printed parts (now a step further with the bottom also printed, only 17 gram additional weight).
Vacuum molded PET cover
RVS bolt & nuts
Roll servo Savox (TG) and Futaba nick.

I can easely change this concept into a X4 X8 etc...

Gimbal rubber mounted and cameraholder also mounted in anti-vibration rubbers.

Video tx attachment still in development, but i thought i found a good spot.

All parst for first prototype are currently in production. Should be flying next week.

I will be reusing the previous gimbal design, it already proved strong and reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice. It seems a shame that someone would put a patent on a MR design that is pretty well used world wide. I dont understand how they have got it. I wonder if that is why the WOV6 disappeared. Mmm what about the DroidWorx ADX.. I wonder :confused:

Good luck with your new design. The camera Gimbal looks very nice and I really like how you have thought it all out including the FPV set up

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1111

Interesting design. I like the camera mount but I think the airframe itself is way too complicated - but maybe that's just me ;-)

I keep hearing about this Airrobot patent, but I can't find anything on the European patent database search. Do you have a link to somewhere I can read the full patent?

Ellipz

Finally first batch parts arrived, gopro parts is for next week.

Mounting gimbal:

Mounting frame:

Motorplates with "nut holders", these are glued with a drop of epoxy in the small holes of the plates.

I was out of 8mm carbon so i used alu tubes for horizontal tubes of the landinggear.

Ohh what a lovely looking frame, I'd love to try a CC in that. Interesting patent idea for the Y6 that means Dragan are in trouble?

Ellipz

I don't know if the octo distribution board would fit, but if it does that would be fairly easy. I don't think it does tho, besides for an octo i suppose we are talking heavy lift, more modifications would be necessary.

jes1111

What was the "weird yaw problem" you had with your Y6 design? I'm curious because I'm planning very much the same shape/angles.

Ellipz

well, with my design 1 rotor was in another plane than all others. For some reason it seemed it wasn't able to stabilize itself when performing YAW. It rotated unstable in a spiral and it took several seconds before it was hovering stable again.