Michael

Michael

Hello do not know if i am at the right place as I am not used to forums . I flew my Flamewheel for the first time . it was fine but he second try it rose to 100 feet and dissapeared over the houses . What i would like to know is i had great difficulty setting it up even with the help i got . It is unlikely i will find it so i might think of buying another one as expensive as it is for a pensioner .! What i would like to knowfrom anyone is the following . I have a DX 8 with a memory card is it possible for someone with the same aircraft and DX 8 to make the setup for airplane and the Naza GPS on a memory card and be able to simplify the setup procedure by just using the card on my DX8 regards to all who might answer Michael

ChrisViperM

Hi Michael

Sorry to herar about your "accident"...even worse since you seem to be on a tight budget. To copy the settings from another aircraft/transmitter might not be the best of ideas.....too many things can go wrong. I can feel your frustration, but it's much better to learn and understand what you are doing, rather than copying settings and still not knowing what is going on. If you crashed your bird, you have to find out what you did wrong in order to avoid a crash the next time.....rather time consuming (all we want is to fly and not studying stuff we don't understand in the beginning....this will change, I promise).

In case you haven't seen it, but here is a good video about setting up the NAZA/WooKong) and get a bit more general understanding of these Flight Controls:

A few tips in case you get a new bird and try it again:

For your first flights, look for a wide open space like a farm field or similar....
In the beginning forget all the Return to Home, Intelligent Flight Direction and all the other Gimmicks....
Don't try Manual Control....this is for intermediate/experts....
Don't use GPS mode either....IF it works, it's a grat tool, but also responsibel for mysterious crashes....if your GPS gets disturbed by power lines, W-Lan's...even Solar Activity could make your GPS/Compass go bananas.
Your best bet is to start with ATTI hold on a day with little to no wind.....
Get the bird in a safe distance to you. Lift off to about 2 meter hight and just try to hold it on one spot. With ATTI hold you only have to cope with the bird drifting forward-backward-left-right since it should hold the height. That will keep you pretty busy as a learner and you get used to ammount of stick input you have to give and observe how your copter reacts without too much stress....
Once you feel pretty comfortable with hoovering on one spot, try to fly the bird slowly forward a few meters, stop it and move slowly backwards....and so on. The same with side movements....
This can take hours, but it makes you developing the feeling you need in the future....

All the best

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

Sorry to hear about that Michael . hope you get it back, or have better luck next time.
If your unsure of what you are you doing and whether its set up right, Its best not to fly near any residential or built up areas.
A big wide open space will mean you have a fighting chance of locating where it went.

billmac

Hi Guys
I think we are missing the point here. Sorry as I am for Michael’s loss we can’t have multirotors flying off due to lack of knowledge and experience especially over built up areas. I have been flying for a long time and when I first got a plane I joined a club and got help and someone to buddy box me until I could control the plane myself then I had to do my bronze, silver and gold thing. Helicopters I learned with a lot of help from club mates by doing a lot of hovering and slowly doing circuits. I can’t help but think that some of you guys that are taking up this hobby need to step back and think of the consequences when your multirotor takes off and you see it fly into the horizon.
So what I am saying is find and join a flying club - there are some very helpful and experienced guys out there, take advantage of this and happy landings.

Michael

Hello the big problem is information . Many people have tried to help but one thing is always missing There must be many like myself who have just started and need the right information . It would be so helpful if someone would write from the beginning ,. it is somewhat difficult to follow on a video . Ok set up on the DX 8 the start Model Select Model type etc then go to wiring for control which goes where X1 X2 and gear . From there start the set up and go step by step I did this from Freechip in Canada but it was set up as Helicopter . It worked perfectly the first time . What went wrong the second time was perhaps something I did or did not do before lift off This is just a suggestion to an expert on the DX8 there are others with transmitters having the same problem perhaps Regards to all who have tried to help Michael

glacier51

Hello Michael:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Anyway, I have an Excel spreadsheet with basic wiring diagrams from the NAZA to AR8000 receiver, pictures of the DX8 setup screens and step by step instructions for setting up the various DX8 switches, etc.

If you would like to give it a look, send me your personal email address, via private message on this forum, and I'll email it to you. Just log in on the forum and click on my avatar name to the left of my post to get to the private message area.

Ron

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Michael

to send a private message just click on the user name left of a post, just click on glacier51 name, a tab will open and you can choose Private message. Its better this way since if you post your email address you will get spammed.

Boris

GerryQuad

Hi Michael,
Very sorry to hear of your flyaway. I am new into quads and have been reading a lot and have been horrified by the number of reports of flyaways.
I have just completed a self-build based on the DJI Naza F450. I may be a bit over cautious but I have tied a weight to each leg which I hope will prevent a precipitate flyaway but should give me a couple of metres of height to check out the throttle response and handling characteristics before I commit it to the sky.
Your misfortune was in having a successful first flight and not, therefore, anticipating any real problems on subsequent flights. Something in your setup must have changed.
Were you using GPS? I have seen a video of a flyaway caused by not allowing sufficient time before takeoff to track 6 satellites.
Also Fail-Safe settings and Tx/Rx binding settings can result in high speed motor Fail-Safe settings.
Your misfortune makes me even more determined to explore all operations before taking off the tethers.
Gerry