DJI iOSD/Immersion RC wiring

I wonder if there is anyone who can give me a hand?

I have a DJI iOSD (sadly its a Mk1, ordered just before the Mk2 came out) and an Immersion RC 5.8ghz audio/video transmitter (600mw).

I want to transmit using the Immersion TX but can't work out the wiring. I don't want to 'smoke' either, by using the incorrect polarity.

I plan to use a gopro but could do with help as seen in the photo. I find the DJI iOSD instructions poor and wonder if anyone can supply photos of their setup.

Is it compatible?

I have an Immersion TX on my 550 which works fine with Naza etc attached. The WKM on my 650 v8, doesn't seem so easy....

rich

View attachment 9175

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 509

ChrisViperM

In the DJI iOSD manual on page 6 you got a nice wiring diagram. Look at the box: "OTHER WIRELESS VIDEO TRANSMITTER"

DJI side Immersion side

AV-Out (yellow) ---> Vid (yellow)
Av-GND (brown) ---> GND (black)
UART (2x orange) ---> not used, this is "channel selct", and this function is done via extra cable to transmitter

BATT+ (2x red) ---> 1x can be used to power the Immersion - BATT (this is the double Molex plug on the left side) - check Immersion manual for requiered Voltage
BATT- (2x black) ---> 1x can be used to power the Immersion - GND (this is the double Molex plug on the left side)

GND and 5V Out can be used to power your camera

PS: Apparently it will be possible to update the MK1 via firmware to Mk2

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Hartz

Herpaderpinator
Does anyone know if the iOSD Mk2 will work with the NazaM? And does it relay the GPS signal to the flight controller?

I really want and all in one OSD without requiring another GPS unit but from what I can tell this will only work with WKM and AceOne series.

ChrisViperM

At the moment you can't use the iOSD with NAZA M.....not a clever move from DJI. I bought the iOSD but never bothered to use it. Got myself the Eagle Tree OSD Pro and the Eagle Tree eLogger V4. A bit more efford in setting up, but fully customizeable and I can see the Amp draw, something I am missing with the iOSD. If you look for something small, there are a good few options out on the market. Don't worry about the extra GPS...they are really tiny.

Chris

Thom

Would love some feedback on the success of failure on this. I tried this and did the wiring just at explained. I fried the capacitor on the ImmersionRC. I think it was a short of the unused audio leads. I just cut them off at the same length and I believe they shorted. Not 100% sure that was the problem, but hope so before I try again.

Tahoe Ed

I have used this set up before. I just sold a F450 with the iOSD mini on it and the 600mw 5.8gHz Immersion. The power was taken right off the motor lead and I am running 4S lipos.

1lifefilm

Hi Chris
Great question you pose here....I have similar issue.. Did it work or am I going to burn the house down?

Many thanks

Simon