Damn copterkids get all the cool gigs!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Just saw the Chad Reed passion video and of course its all copterkids/trex700/fs700. Beautiful shots! I'm jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Yeah, they sure do! Their off road truck racing is outrageous! Started watching them when I bought my first multi, a Gaui X330. Great stuff!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I can see why. Lifting a 6 lb camera and flying with authority. Well, good for them. I know I am not good enough to comfortably fly a SRH with that kind of stress. I do really like how the gimbal is up front though. makes flying a little easier orientation wise. But thats a whole other topic.

ChrisViperM

Love those Copterkid punks......

Here is some good behind-the-scenes from their web site:

Chris

DennyR

Once you are comfortable with a good electric 700-800 size heli you don't go back. The Naza H makes it a lot easier. By the time the Gopro-4 arrives I expect we will be using 500 size helis. with auto object tracking and 70x zoom function.

Flying backwards or sideways at speed the heli just nails it every time. The soggy yaw response and general sluggish performance is what lets the multi down when you're pushing the limit.:tennis:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Denny, I know you are a TDR fan, have you heard anything or know why the PHotoshipone guys chose to promote the Gaui X7 as a AV ship? I do think about gettign one to try out. Looks nice but the trex seems to still take the cake, probably for parts availability. All I now is I havent seen any pros using one yet.