Prop life?

Stacky

I have the same set of 11 inch APC props on my Hexa for the last 6 months and they have logged about 8 hours of air time. Do people retire props after a certain amount of time? Do the plastics in these props deteriorate with a lot of use?.

You are a very brave and rich man it seems..... DJI props.... I would get anything else in a hurry (APC, Gemfan, Graupner)

Stacky

Im not sure if you read correctly what I wrote, I dont have anything DJI, Im using APC props.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Are you retiring from dji? Kidding. I think the apc and group ears would out last the motors. Wood props probably last a damn long time too assuming they are balanced. But I don't know if thre is some molecular change induced from sun and centrifugal force.

Stacky

I was wondering about the continual flex of the props during flight and if this has any impact on the integrity of the prop strength. I know people swap bearings after a certain amount of time, was wondering if props might be similar.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe someone on here that knows a prop manufacturer can get them to chime in. It would be good to get an official answer. My guess is it doesn't matter as long as temps are somewhat normal.

kloner

Aerial DP
the pc i'm at doesn't have email, somebody send this question to these guys

apcprop@aol.com

mine physicaly get worn,,,, the leading/trailing edges get rough from hitting dirt, gravel, wood, whatever.