Looking for cinestar like press nuts, anyone a link ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys need some press nuts preferably the same that cinestar is using.
I remember a shop just recently opening and announcing it here in the forum and they had them just
can't find the link anymore

If one of you has a link it would be great. Found some shops but they are all out of stock or don't have the product anymore

THanks

Bori

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Are you talking about threaded inserts which go into flat plate, and you sort of squish them and they clamp into the material? If so, the term you're looking for is rivet nuts. McMaster has them.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivet-nuts/=l2sl1z

I've gotten some from there. You don't *need* to have the tool to install them. I just tap them lightly with a hammer to set them. It's not perfect but works.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Are you talking about threaded inserts which go into flat plate, and you sort of squish them and they clamp into the material? If so, the term you're looking for is rivet nuts. McMaster has them.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivet-nuts/=l2sl1z

I've gotten some from there. You don't *need* to have the tool to install them. I just tap them lightly with a hammer to set them. It's not perfect but works.

Thanks !!! but they seem to be a little to long. WhereIi press them in I have the clamps directly after the carbon. The cinestar ones look like this:
Press_nuts__16227.1350891198.600.371.jpg

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
What a strange website :)

I can't look at them at the moment i get this info:

We apologize for the interruption.

To protect product information, we limit search activities on our web site. Your use exceeds typical patterns of our visitors, so we have restricted access.

Your access will be restored in 39 minutes.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Wow, that is very strange. I've never gotten that.

In fact, I find McMaster to be the most amazing website and supplier ever. You must have had some weird IT thing happen.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
strange one again now for 24 hours ;) **** could have been the right ones.

We apologize for the interruption.

To protect product information, we limit search activities on our web site. Your use exceeds typical patterns of our visitors, so we have restricted access.

Your access will be restored in 23 hours and 59 minutes.

they must have some problems with my IP, just browsing normally two click and that happens

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
McMaster's main warehouse is 2 miles from my house. IT's HUGE. And they have EVERYTHING.

Yeah, and their order handling and shipping is amazing. I am playing a game "How late can I order, and still have it arrive by 10AM the next morning?" I've ordered at 5:30, and still had it the next day. It's incredible. I don't know how they do it.

And I should add, that's *international*, shipping into Canada. And it's not expensive either. Typically $11. I can't ship a box that size across Toronto for $11.