superman

kloner

Aerial DP
You guys seen the superman video on the beach in Carlsbad on the news? That was the superman i fpv'd behind a while back. Was there that day the guy took the crappy cell phone clip, but it went viral. SOB..........

full-image.php

supermans on the ground behind the guy in the white shirt, the owners the guy on the right in the grey hoodie looking up....

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
are the plans hard? I never looked at the thread. These are all up at rcgroups in the scratchbuilt forum

DSC00114_795.jpg

DSC00117_795.jpg

he was there that day you guys came by wasn't he?

bordhead

yes he was there told me where to get the directions to build one but i cant build one of them im to busy build multi rotors. i need a superman ready to fly..

matwelli

if you used 4tilt motors, from my stinger, and mounted on hands / feet you could do a fairly realistic ironman! it would hover standing up, then tilt it forward 60 deg and fly it like a big PBF

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

matwelli

i have many, many challenges, but this would be a cool one to do :)

maybe dont need the feet, just two motors on the hands, like a big bi-copter

ChrisViperM

if you used 4tilt motors, from my stinger, and mounted on hands / feet you could do a fairly realistic ironman! it would hover standing up, then tilt it forward 60 deg and fly it like a big PBF

...I know you can't sleep until it's done.... :tennis:

Chris

matwelli

...I know you can't sleep until it's done.... :tennis:

Chris

yea, you know it :D

View attachment 8645

found this photo, its perfect. going to wait untill next monday when back at work and print it on about 4 A3 pages, then glue to some corroflute, 12mm pine frameing and two tilt mechs

will mount the motors at the end of the fingers, tilting along the line that the arms are angled out on
View attachment 8646

tossing up between geared drive (like my latest bicopter Spazzy) or Control rod, will probably go with control rod, as it is friendlier on the servos, and with some 6mm dowel extensions would allow the servos to be mounted up at the sholders (save making long servo ext wires)

will probably aim for a COG in the upper chest, i gusee i should check the RC flying supermen and see where they locate the CG, but hey - we have a flight controller, they done :)

Attachments

• 93971-iron-man-mark-iv_small.jpg
    93971-iron-man-mark-iv_small.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 352
  • ironman layout.jpg
    ironman layout.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 237

Tomstoy2

Maybe put one up his butt, make him a tri-copter? Lol.

Mat, you're the man! Can't wait to see this build!!!

matwelli

the idea I am playing with right now is...instead of doing the motor tilt at the palms....is to do it at the elbows. .... that could look quite cool/realistic....but a servo that is strong enough may be the issue. .....thinking a 5:1 gear ratio may work

to really up the game would be to have the tilt mechanism at the palms for yaw control and a second, geared down, mechanism at the elbows for pitch control