DJI "NEW" 10" Props

Faffer

We have the Dubro and TopFlite magnetic balancer. the Dubro is easier to use due to slightly higher resistance. This will get you a 9.5 out of 10 balanced prop. The top flite will give you a 10 out of 10 but you'll earn it. Bottom line both work wonderfully, if we have cocktails and several hours we use the magnetic.

Hi SMP

Thanks for the update .. so as I am new to this both will do the job but the Topflight would give me a more ballanced prop, But to get it id have to learn / spend a lot more time ..

Cheers

Richard...

Now just need to find a good uk in stock price

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I'm only getting 5 to 6 minutes on my F550 with 3S batteries 5000 mah. I must be doing something totally wrong!

If you are using a single 3S 5000mah battery and getting 5-6 minutes then that's about right. I'm using two 4S x 4,000mah 25C lipo batteries in parallel and getting 12-15 minutes and you can do the same. Parallel is the key word here, I do that because 25C is garbage but 50C is alright....

We have the Dubro and TopFlite magnetic balancer. the Dubro is easier to use due to slightly higher resistance. This will get you a 9.5 out of 10 balanced prop. The top flite will give you a 10 out of 10 but you'll earn it. Bottom line both work wonderfully, if we have cocktails and several hours we use the magnetic.

Not to mention that TopFlite has absolutely horrendous manufacturing quality control. The great majority of their magnetic balancing units have an included shaft which is out of balance all by itself. Difficult to balance a prop when your equipment is lying to you.

All of this is a real pity as I love the principle of the TopFlite unit. Just wish they hadn't screwed the pooch.

....sT

mrbonk

Not to mention that TopFlite has absolutely horrendous manufacturing quality control. The great majority of their magnetic balancing units have an included shaft which is out of balance all by itself.

Yep, I'll second this comment. I have both and the TopFlite one is definitely out of balance on its own. The prop stops in a different spot every time I move the cones around on the shaft :dread:. Not good. The Dubro one is perfect but it needs to be treated with care so you don't damage the edges of the intersecting wheels.

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
What is the diameter of the Top Flite shaft? I wonder if the magnets would support a drill blank the diameter of the motor shaft with points machined onto the ends and no cones at all.

mrbonk

I just did a couple of comparison flights with my night flight hexy setup. First half of the vid is the supplied DJI 10x4.5 props. Second half is a set of APC clone 10x5E props from HobbyKing. The DJI props make hovering thrust at less RPM than the APC clones....consequently I got a full minute less flight time on the APC clones. You can hear the different in the speed of the motors between the 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

glacier51

I just purchased a Du-Bro and went through my prop sets. Of 3 sets for a hexa, all the 1045 APCs, all the 1045 GEMFANs and 5 of the new 1038 DJIs needed balance.

The DJIs are presently mounted.

The question is what's the consensus on either adding weight or removing a bit of prop for the balance? I'd prefer to remove a bit of prop since there's nothing to come loose and fly off like a piece of tape.

Ron

olof

Osprey
I just purchased a Du-Bro and went through my prop sets. Of 3 sets for a hexa, all the 1045 APCs, all the 1045 GEMFANs and 5 of the new 1038 DJIs needed balance.

The DJIs are presently mounted.

The question is what's the consensus on either adding weight or removing a bit of prop for the balance? I'd prefer to remove a bit of prop since there's nothing to come loose and fly off like a piece of tape.

Ron

To Balance the prop I like to sand away material on the bottom of the blade.

To balance the hub I like to add weight. I use hot melt glue I have some industrial black sticks that work very well it is easy and fast, and comes out smooth. Not like velcro and superglue, that can be a bit messy.

kloner

Aerial DP
I add ca then sand that. It's almost always on the hub only. When I do add to the blade, I put it on the top of the prop

mrbonk

Ron

The DJI props are so thin, I wasn't game to sand them. I used clear mylar tape and wrapped it around the leading edge of the blade towards the tip. It's still on there now and hasn't needed redoing yet.....about 20 flights so far. It wasn't my intention to keep using these once I got the APC props, but since they burn more power, I'm reconsidering now. Hopefully the APC slow fly props will be better and I can sand those to balance them.

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
Has anyone directly compared these to APC 10-3.8s? I know my MT2216-11s run hot on APC 10-3.8s on 4S but am hoping these will do better because they are so thin.

Faffer

I just purchased a Du-Bro and looking forward to getting things sorted .,. dont even have any thing to fly yet :-( 550 on order next week .. mmmmm

Richard

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I just did a couple of comparison flights with my night flight hexy setup. First half of the vid is the supplied DJI 10x4.5 props. Second half is a set of APC clone 10x5E props from HobbyKing. The DJI props make hovering thrust at less RPM than the APC clones....consequently I got a full minute less flight time on the APC clones. You can hear the different in the speed of the motors between the 2.

Very interesting! Where did you find the APC E prop knock offs at? I use the APC regular 10x5 prop, not the E version as I feel like those are too thin. The new DJI props seem to be pretty nice now versus the old break-away props they sold :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbonk

Very interesting! Where did you find the APC E prop knock offs at? I use the APC regular 10x5 prop, not the E version as I feel like those are too thin. The new DJI props seem to be pretty nice now versus the old break-away props they sold :)

The APC clones came from HobbyKing. They're called 'APC Style' props on there. They're close, but not quite the same material or quality.

I've got some of the new DJI 10x3.8 props coming, so I'll test those as well.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
The APC clones came from HobbyKing. They're called 'APC Style' props on there. They're close, but not quite the same material or quality.

I've got some of the new DJI 10x3.8 props coming, so I'll test those as well.

Very interesting, I use those same props and they sound exactly the same. I get about 12-15 minutes of flight time depending on how I fly. The DJI early props and slowfly props were pure garbage but it seems these new ones might be pretty nice. Are they notched for the DJI motors or will they fit any 8mm shaft or what? I use a 4mm motor shaft and I have a 4mm to 8mm adapter for Graupners and such. Thanks.

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
I was running the APC 9 x 4.7 on a DJI F550 and they were pretty smooth but I put the NEW DjI 10 x 3.8 on and I like them better. the build quality seems to be there and have a much larger hub than the old DJI props. they were pretty darn close to perfect in balance right out of the bag. To me they seem to be shaped just like the Graupners E props but I have never run those.

DJI F550 kit
Naza - m
futaba 8fg
4s 500mah