NAZA FC Software[Tx Calibration] will not respond to FS-TH9X...any ideas why?

Glidrgidr

Need some help...
I am an old time RC'r that has been out of the sport for about 10 years and have only used 72mhz systems in the past so this 2.4 GHz binding thing is new and I'm hoping its something dumb i'm doing wrong. I can't find any information about this other than turning tx on with binding button on back pushed and rx changes fast blink red to solid red means binding was sucessful. Anyway here is the problem I am having... I have a new quadcopter [bumblebee s] built... received the NAZA FC on Friday and have been working with DJI in china to figure out why I couldn't get the NAZA software to work correctly. So after three days we finally got the software working correctly after finally getting driver to work but now I can't get the transmitter to calibrate the FC with the software. Right now the Tx Monitor page shows all the stick sliders in black and not green [as shown in the user manual and video mentioned later] and all the sliders are shown in black and to the full right on the sliders Moving the sticks on the Tx does nothing. The binding light is solid on the RX and I followed the basic radio set up shown in this video [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMMk7LVjigU ]...up to the Tx Cali part where I'm stuck now. If anyone has any ideas on what i'm doing wrong I would appreciate it...

kloner

Aerial DP
on the tx cali page, what is the input selected, traditional, sbus, ppm, ? i take it there is individual wores from the receiver to the input ports on naza? that is traditional, look like that is selected?

The light where the wire hooks to the pc is green?

MC control at the bottom of assistant page is green?

naza is powered up and ready to fly when your trying to talk to it on the pc? tx is powered up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glidrgidr

I have tried inputs... traditional with Tx set to PCM and PPM with Tx set to PPM...doesn't make any difference to program.

The light on the VU is solid greeen and the lights on bottom left of NAZA Assistant program are green and blue.

Here are pics of hardware connected and powered and the screen on the Tx monitor page.
View attachment 8718View attachment 8719

I also tried connecting the motor/esc leads now that software appears to be working and even though the assistant software says MC Output is OFF, the motors spin up full speed and don't stop...left on for over 5 seconds...

Attachments

• Naza-forumpic-1.jpg
    Naza-forumpic-1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 578
  • Naza-forumpic-2.jpg
    Naza-forumpic-2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 436

kloner

Aerial DP
this is somewhere between the rc receiver and naza, but i wouldn't count out the vu

when you hook up each channel toa channel on a controller it is called pcm. it has that channels pulse in it. that is as naza calls traditional. your radio tx should be set to pwm unless there is none then i guess it'd be ppm, that is all the channels in a single wire, but it has 8 humps, each hump being a channels pwm width...... kinda like an EQ looks....... if the receiver was set to ppm that'd be one wire from receiver to naza x2 input. it is the prefered way, but i never understood how this frsky stuff works. i'm futaba

it seems like the VU isn't working right.... not showing stick movement, not shutting off the motors

Pozzix

I have tried inputs... traditional with Tx set to PCM and PPM with Tx set to PPM...doesn't make any difference to program.

The light on the VU is solid greeen and the lights on bottom left of NAZA Assistant program are green and blue.

Here are pics of hardware connected and powered and the screen on the Tx monitor page.
View attachment 11353View attachment 11354

I also tried connecting the motor/esc leads now that software appears to be working and even though the assistant software says MC Output is OFF, the motors spin up full speed and don't stop...left on for over 5 seconds...

Pic was not very clear but, are you sure that the polarity of channels wires is right? May you try to invert only TH, just to check if link works on Assistant monitor?

Max

[Edit]

Sorry, I notice right now that ATTI mode is enable, so cabling polarity seems right, also notice bind plug inserted...