GPS postion

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Wow, very nice indeed! Excellent range for sure and the tracker seems like option...hmmmm.... Ok so on the Ez UHF part do you also have the Ez OSD or is that RSSI thingy able to be piped into the Eagle Tree OSD you use?

JG-rn

keep forgetting to answer the motor ? all three discos that went through my hands were flown and left with Suppo 2814 1000kv motors and flew on 8x5 graupners. if you get before my disco vids, i had a k450 with the same motors, 9", then before that was f450 with em and 9 and 10"........ but it toilet bowled like crazy in a hover........ the 8" let it rev out and not over amp with those particular motors. think the longest flight running along 40-60 amps was 6-7 minutes, not sure if either was any further. these things seemed to go 6 minutes and change on 4000mah... i'd guess just over a mile and a half way and back hauling butt

kloner,

I'm having a hard time understanding what the specs for the motors mean. High kv, low kv, etc. Is there some place you can point me to that has info on this so I can learn?

kloner

Aerial DP
a motor kv is how many rpm per volt it spins....... we have given prop sizes available in lefts and rights, depending on your load, the battery voltage and the kv there is a magic prop size to feed it. in most controllers that is half stick in manual mode....... from there you raise kv lower kv, increase props, decrease props to make an aircraft tuned. That's what makes em smooth. Too small a prop the craft doesn't have rpm to correct the attitude, too big a prop, by the time the prop speeds up it needs to speed down. just right, motor and can really swing it's rpm around to get you dialed in.

JG-rn

a motor kv is how many rpm per volt it spins....... we have given prop sizes available in lefts and rights, depending on your load, the battery voltage and the kv there is a magic prop size to feed it. in most controllers that is half stick in manual mode....... from there you raise kv lower kv, increase props, decrease props to make an aircraft tuned. That's what makes em smooth. Too small a prop the craft doesn't have rpm to correct the attitude, too big a prop, by the time the prop speeds up it needs to speed down. just right, motor and can really swing it's rpm around to get you dialed in.

kloner,

Thank you. Makes sense.

I have been bitten by the bug and I'd like to build a tbs disco this spring.

I came across this video and he's running tiger motors Mt2212-13 980Kv and 12A esc's. Getting 23++ minutes off of a payload of two 3s 3300mah batteries, gopro, and fpv gear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayzgyaTToMQ

Is there something special about that motor and esc combo that makes that disco so efficient? Just trying to create a blueprint of how I'm going to build it.

kloner

Aerial DP
what you just showed me with alis multi hovering and what most discos fly like is two totaly different anmals. Hovering versus actualy flying are two totaly different things. Being able to fly 60mph is a unique byproduct of the disco and to do so takes those motors around 50-60 amp draws. they will hover at 23-24 amps........ so if a flight was non stop 40-60 amps vs. 20 amps hovering, a 6-7 minute haling butt flight would consume about 2-3 times more juice, in comparison 17-21 minute flights if you parked a disco out there like that

If you get a disco and get the 22mm motors (alot of guys like em, there just not enough for me) get the 900kv and swing 9" props on 4s packs...... you'll be happy. a 980 like those would want a 8" prop for 4s and 10" for 3s, 10" on 3s aint enough. That 900kv and 9" prop is a sweet spot for a disco

I ran 1000kv and 4s exclusively, but i had 1400 watts available and used as much of em as could

Last edited by a moderator:

JG-rn

what you just showed me with alis multi hovering and what most discos fly like is two totaly different anmals. Hovering versus actualy flying are two totaly different things. Being able to fly 60mph is a unique byproduct of the disco and to do so takes those motors around 50-60 amp draws. they will hover at 23-24 amps........ so if a flight was non stop 40-60 amps vs. 20 amps hovering, a 6-7 minute haling butt flight would consume about 2-3 times more juice, in comparison 17-21 minute flights if you parked a disco out there like that

If you get a disco and get the 22mm motors (alot of guys like em, there just not enough for me) get the 900kv and swing 9" props on 4s packs...... you'll be happy. a 980 like those would want a 8" prop for 4s and 10" for 3s, 10" on 3s aint enough. That 900kv and 9" prop is a sweet spot for a disco

I ran 1000kv and 4s exclusively, but i had 1400 watts available and used as much of em as could

That's exactly what I'm using now on the f450....2216 900kv with 9" graupners and 4s 3300 battery. It's a rocket. Just didn't know how these motors would hold up with the extra weight of the disco and an additional battery.

I'll look into the suppo 2814 1000kv . You using the 8" graupners and 4s with those?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd be shocked if the motors notice the difference between your frame plates and a discos weight wise. the extra battery would make the amp draw massive and make cg suck so bad it wouldn't be as fun to fly, at least for me.... if your just hovering, it'd be better to stick with the f450 symetrical layout and stack batteries on it. it'll do something similar to alis

kloner

Aerial DP
that was at JG

I see the hoverthings fly around with our group. it's alright. kinda alot of parts, bolts everywhere. there is a new hoverthings that just came out,,,, flip or something

I fly TBS for that size/type mutlirotor..... hard to beat

Nuttzzy

Right. I like the look of the FPV on over the flip. So I guess I'll learn to fly it.

Beep, Beep, Honk, Honk, Over and Out Rotorhead

kloner

Aerial DP
I've never seen one go. the guy here is just starting to make it go and leave our view like the last few weeks. he flies with goggles and is always hovering around us.

just has alot of hardware..... metal and stuff. I haven't even seen the new one, but same guy wants it. it should be fine..... i always liked that camoflauge one, whats it called? the other brand