off topic, single rotor heli

ChrisViperM

Even if you use it as a paper weight on your desk ....just get it.

What is $ 250 compared to this rare beauty....for that money you can't even get a silly DJI F450. As I sayed in another thread, HIROBO is the hell of a good Copter, lots of great details and engeneering...and the deal includes 3 sets of carbon blades.

Do it the way I did with my marriage....went with the lady to the Hard Rock Cafe in Key West, became "Bravehart" and asked her if she wanna be my wife...she sayed yes....and I never regreted

BTW: Happy New Year and lots of luck and fun for 2013

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i was told to avoid it because hirobo parts are expensive. for $250 though, if it's in good shape it's probably a lot of fun for the money

Good god no! Even if you want to learn helis start with an Align Electric machine. You will waste half your life on that Hirobo

Tabb

kloner

Aerial DP
hahaha, i couldn't agree more. a trex 600 aint a whole lot more new

any out of production helis aint worth a dime except to collectors. Be a collector would offer him $50 unless it was all in a box brand new, then maybe a hundred or two.......

Bartman

really??? what a bummer. i like flying old stuff, it's fun but I guess this isn't such a good idea?

kloner

Aerial DP
hard if not impossible to repair. if it's been flown it's probably half wore out. them ball links are touchy, shafts get bent and not replaced like they should.

A new light, highly engineered trex is $400 and all new........ bind and fly if you go flybarless rig....... and it'd have a learnings worth of life in it instead of a taste

Bartman

is there a smoke and noise kit available for it?

you guys can be such rational thinkers sometimes....what a bummer! :)

kloner

Aerial DP
offer him $100, bet he'll take it. I had 3 kyosho .30 size, got $75 for all three and they were complete.

It's just you spool it up, see a problem and realize theres no fix..........

if you want a real heli for $250 and get your money worth watch helifreak or runryder. They pop up all the time RTF newer .50 size, radio, starter, glow driver, works for that price range.

ChrisViperM

One of my first SR helis was a HIROBO Sceadu EVO EX....and I still got it and fly it. Replacement parts are avalible (at reasonable costs), but - unless you crash it - you would hardly need them. I have flown my bird countless times, but so far nothing was worn out or need replacement. The manual is excellent und if you start with the settings there you are ready to fly. It's not flybarless, it's not a 3D-basher, it's not the latest model....but it's the hell of a reliable ship and very easy to fly. At the time when it came out, all competitors like ThunderTiger, Kyosho, Align were faaaar behind as far as quality goes...and it's Japanese, not Chinese like almost every SR heli these days. The Hirobo ball links are the only ones which always fitted with one click....and I still have the original ones...no reworking, reaming, squeezing to make them fit.

I am not trying to talk you into this....and yes, you can get someting "modern" for the same money, but then it's not a Hirobo. Any SR heli needs some attention and a bit of knowledge for setting the bird up....but it's worth it. If you earn your money with it, I would say no....if you wanna have a little fun and have the $ 250 extra...go for it - to bargain is always a good idea.

If you search on various SR forums for this bird, you will hardly find any complains

Just to give you an idea of this bird: (it's not not mine)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

if it's a first heli, it's going in

kloner! kloner! kloner! give a brother a little credit!

yes it's going to eat dirt at some point but it won't be a first heli. first bigger heli, not first heli.

bart

Bartman

offered him $100, couldn't resist. thanks for the videos Chris. the smoke and noise was too much to pass up!

kloner

Aerial DP
then you'll know what all to look for when you prep it out. I'd never heard of you and a single blade before......... it's like flying an MR, but,,,, there is so many fail points on a SRH, especialy used. Tail drives are a big place to spend time, balance everything, check all the shafts.

IF you guys can work a deal, it'd be fun to play with. I put a JR ergo .46 to rest a year ago. The model had been out of production for 6 years and finally bought out all the crash parts i could find. Shafts are the hardest, and sometimes other parts get you close enough to mod a part in, but sometimes that's it. It'd be worth looking to see what you can buy before you fly it

Good luck and happy new year

ps, if ya need a tail servo, got a great one Chris recomended i'll make ya a deal on,,,,, hahaha

Bartman

kloner,

me and single rotor heli's are practically synonymous. :) i've been banging my trex 100 off the walls in the house for almost a year now! with lots of sim time and gobs of multi-rotor time already under my belt, i'd bet i can ease into the bigger singles without too much drama. i've flown my friend's trex 400 clone a few times too and had it under control pretty well.

just looking for something to have a little fun with. i'm also looking at a gasser biplane that is for sale in my area. i held off on a Christmas present for myself because I couldn't decide on anything so it's time to pull the trigger on something fun.

bart

Bartman

something else came up so I"m going to pass on this heli.

thanks for all the help.
bart