DJI F450 Arm Isolation?

Wedge

I have just stripped my F450 and balanced my props (the best this amateur can...) and whilst the props were off I spun my motors up and noticed that there was one arm in particular that was vibrating more that the others. Has anyone isolated their F450 (stock) arms to reduce vibe to the body? Or is this considered poor practice as it may affect the integrity of the frame?

Also, can anyone point me to a 'How to' type guide regarding motor balancing?

kloner

Aerial DP
you want to fix it at the motor. a crash usually cracks a bearing race or running a seriously out of balanced prop can damage the bearing. usually other than that correcting the problem usually clears it up. if you can spin it by hand and feel a tick, just replace the motor. if theres any visil sigs of impact just get a new one

those stock motors are kinda low on quality control....

Kloner is right but I use a little app to balance one engine at a time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeopBB_i8ng

I have just stripped my F450 and balanced my props (the best this amateur can...) and whilst the props were off I spun my motors up and noticed that there was one arm in particular that was vibrating more that the others. Has anyone isolated their F450 (stock) arms to reduce vibe to the body? Or is this considered poor practice as it may affect the integrity of the frame?

Also, can anyone point me to a 'How to' type guide regarding motor balancing?

Wedge

Thanks for the info but...what crash? :nevreness:

I believe the engine is fine as it hasn't had any major trauma. That app and youtube clip is perfect, although it refers to using 'tape'. Electrical tape or something more 'special'?

I'll post results up here after I give it a shot.

Re the stock motors: any suggestions for drop in aftermarkets using the stock esc's?

Wedge

On a side note, what size nuts and washers do I need if I want to switch to nylocs and Graupner 10x5's. Is it 8mm?

Edit: Found my answer, 6mm...

Last edited by a moderator: