Dead Cat Conversion Kit for SK450 Overview

flitelab

Does any one know if this kit comes with a dead cat or do I have to supply my own? What works better with naza, calico or persian?

:) You have to supply your own, was none in my order anyway. I'm going to try it without, hopefully it will still fly. Worst name ever for a frame, even though they did it as a joke.

tstrike

pendejo grande
I read on some forum these things were having problems on takeoff. Seems they would flip over and start licking their b#ll's.

VytasandRio

I think it's a great name, of course, I have three dogs.... Actually it resembles a Sailcat more than a typical dead cat. A Sailcat being the sort that is so desiccated that you can give it fling like a frisbee and it sails away......

flitelab

Probably possible but personally I wouldn't, I think the DJI and SK arms both have too much flex to properly support 2 motors. I know some that have turned the DJI F550 into Y6 but noted some arm flex with it. The SK arms are a bit lighter than the DJI as well.

genesc

I know this thread is old but after reading through this thread I can see that there is quite a bit of bias. The DJI Discovery is not the only FPV ready frame out there. Whats wrong with diversity. The Quad hobby/sport is not just for those Elite/nose wagger folks that like to look down on others and their ideas and thoughts just because they don't buy what your idea of the best is. There should be room for all models of quads, and support equipment whether they be excellent,, good, or poor in quality. For those of you that think your **** don't stink, turn around and take another wiff. IMO these forums should look at all aspects of quad and support equipment, reveiw it and let those who know their **** stinks decide for themselves whether they want to invest the time and money. Lets get real guys. There are more than just the Elite/nose wagger folks in this hobby.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator: