Tau Labs OP Developers banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyR

I'll think you'll find it was DennyR that said that ;)

Not me, but as you drag me in, I agree with Bart . You have never shown that you have built, flown, designed or developed anything. let alone taken a half decent picture. Stabilized Video obviously being well beyond what your theories will ever yield. As for not needing to prove anything, you are wrong on that as well. Why should we listen to someone who cant prove what he says with a little evidence that he is not just guessing the whole time at what might be.

With the various comments that you have made regarding your claim to be an pro architectural photographer, the evidence would suggest that you have a very limited understanding of photographic techniques used in any field of work. FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1111

Not me, but as you drag me in, I agree with Bart . You have never shown that you have built, flown, designed or developed anything. let alone taken a half decent picture. Stabilized Video obviously being well beyond what your theories will ever yield. As for not needing to prove anything, you are wrong on that as well. Why should we listen to someone who cant prove what he says with a little evidence that he is not just guessing the whole time at what might be.

With the various comments that you have made regarding your claim to be an pro architectural photographer, the evidence would suggest that you have a very limited understanding of photographic techniques used in any field of work. FWIW.
I'm not "dragging" anyone anywhere. I'm certain that I wouldn't have made such a statement simply because I've never entertained non-rigid frames as a solution. Your machine with the carved foam body and the balance beam gimbal in the nose - the arms mounted on rubber blocks - remember? You got great results with it at the time and I respect that. I wasn't mocking the statement/position, bart was - and he ascribed it incorrectly in a silly attempt to discredit me.

...the evidence would suggest...
What evidence? Your first paragraph states that I haven't provided any evidence, yet the second one rules on this non-existent evidence as proving something about my abilities.

I've been a bit busy recently - moving to a different country, renovating a house and opening an online store, all whilst continuing my "day job" as a photographer. Sorry I didn't have the time (or the inclination) to post the "evidence" that would satisfy you.

ChrisViperM

What the hell are you guys talking about......????

I don't understand one word......but I guess thats what always kept me away from Open-Source stuff.....I don't seem to have the ability to keep useful information apart from hick-hack.

As far as I understand, someone was "fired" from somewhere for some reason.....now 9 pages later people are spitting at each other.

Wouldn't it be a bit more constructive to "present" OpenPilot and/or the project what seems to be the successor, in a way that also noobs like me can understand what the hell you guys actually want or what you are developing or what the benefit would be by using these projects, or is that a request which is beyond any invisible intelectual line which I can't see ???

There might be "normal" people out there which would be interested in these project, but can't make any sense out of it, at least not by following this discussion......or is it some sort of "insider-thing" ???

Chris

G

Guest12Oct2013

Holey S*** guys let's talk not murder one another over worthless nonsense... OP rocks Sure TL does to let's just take a breath think about it and agree to disagree or something lol...

jes1111

There might be "normal" people out there which would be interested in these project, but can't make any sense out of it, at least not by following this discussion......or is it some sort of "insider-thing" ???
Precisely my point, Chris. If anyone wants to find out about (or participate in) either the OpenPilot or Tau Labs projects, they can and should go to the respective official sites. This forum is rendered useless by the prejudices of the forum owner and the general unwillingness of the members to conduct discussion rather than, as you say, to start spitting. Hence my suggestion that it's not benefiting OP, TL or any of its readers.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Precisely my point, Chris. If anyone wants to find out about (or participate in) either the OpenPilot or Tau Labs projects, they can and should go to the respective official sites. This forum is rendered useless by the prejudices of the forum owner and the general unwillingness of the members to conduct discussion rather than, as you say, to start spitting. Hence my suggestion that it's not benefiting OP, TL or any of its readers.

Jes

this is why you were banned and you're about to be banned again. there are just about 10,000 members here, some very active, some have passed and gone. you're welcome to stay and you're free to leave. I'll sharpen up my pencils anytime you want to compare the people you've helped vs the people that have learned what they have here at MRF. it's not all me, it's the community and I"m very proud of everyone here and what they've done for themselves.

the bias you accuse me of is ridiculous. i've got one of everything (almost) in the basement and i'm regularly swapping them and trying everything i can to learn and evolve. official sites are great, you can learn a lot. but you can also be pigeon holed and bashed when you start to think of other things. you coming here to bash us for having the nerve to discuss Tau in the same sentence as OP is a perfect example. maybe i should change this forum are to Tau Labs and forget about OP as this thread is a perfect, as in P-E-R-F-E-C-T, example of why OP shouldn't be welcome here.

please go away and save me the trouble of having to ban you AGAIN.

Bartman

......This forum is rendered useless by the prejudices of the forum owner and the general unwillingness of the members to conduct discussion rather than, as you say, to start spitting. Hence my suggestion that it's not benefiting OP, TL or any of its readers.

you are nothing short of a total and complete hypocrite. having not posted in a very long time you choose to start right back up with your old fighting ways, telling us what we should or shouldn't do, with a post like this;

Oh, you mean like a
democracy? Where an autocratic founder/leader can't ban people just for expressing an opinion that differs from their own? ;) I do wish you'd back off on the pompous pronouncements, bart!

James and Oleg and all the other "victims" deserve heaps of thanks and gratitude for their contributions and expressions of our collective (and my personal) sadness over their departures. In the real world (an unfamiliar environment to many) people's time is certainly valuable but Dave went beyond that with heaps of cash! When raw, real investment is involved who wouldn't get a bit cranky from time to time? I'm neither excusing him nor condemning you - just suggesting that, as humans, we'll always see things solely from our own perspective.

Sorry guys but hanging about here with long faces, fishing for sympathetic pats on the back from bart is not cool (or useful).

Bart - if you can't remain impartial on any discussions about OP then you should close down the OP section in this forum - it's serving no useful purpose.
you should at least remove your reference to Portugal from under your username as you're doing the nice people of Portugal no favors by being here and being the troll that you are.

Bartman

To everyone else, my apologies for the thread drift. We'll get it back on track now or we can resume the discussion in a new thread more appropriately titled for people successfully flying Tau Labs firmware on OP boards.

Thanks!
Bart

jes1111

pigeon holed and bashed
:) yep - isn't that what's happening here?

I never said or implied anything about "discuss(ing) Tau in the same sentence as OP" - there you go falling back on prejudices again. Anyway, believe it not, I didn't come here for a fight - just to express an opinion, which is what forums are for, isn't it? Although in some, it seems, you get banned for doing that.

Peace to all.

I just want to say I've met Jes in person and he is a nice guy and was very thoughtful in discussion about multirotors and flight performance. Also he was (as Al pointed out) great about making an amazing rig for testing/programming ESC (which unfortunately I didn't carry far enough when distracted with revo etc).

Barman has also always seemed like a cool guy in my interactions with him and seems to want to just keep a place where people can talk facts and support those facts.

I bet if we all got a beer (and maybe crashed into some trees to have things to talk about) all would get along and have productive knowledge sharing. The internet isn't always the most conducive for that ;(

heh heh you're killin me Bartman :)

Oh man... what a riot you are. ;) I sure hope that Tim from FPVManuals knows you think he is a "**** lip". That is very gracious and all...

You act like you are all holy and NOT close minded. Yet every damn time there is project drama I get an email from one of your vultures looking to swoop in and cause further degradation on what ever dead horse you are trying to beat.

How many similar womanly gossip like emails did you send out the last few weeks?

"Just want you to know that the smart ,"old", money says dankers took down the forum himself so as to blame Oleg and be the "hero" bringing it back up. I personally could care less as Oleg was part of dankers attempted frameup of James as he was always jealous of his prolific coding. Who's left? Alessio, Werner and Sami and no doubt they are wondering "why".

It is so sad watching it collapse ...."
"yes, it is a small group. We all would have preferred that OP was still intact but dankers told them to "fork off" rather then give the devs input into management decisions ... the rest is as it is. No matter how indoctrinated the cult may be you will still have to produce hardware. There in lies the problem unless Dave gets out of the way. Personally I doubt there will ever be another run of Revo unless built and sold by outsiders. Like that **** lip Tim whats his name ..."
"
TL dosen't have the forum and website overhead. Happy to let you guys deal with newbies :)"
"
How long is dankers going to milk the death of his mom thing?"
"Ed"

I love how you guys use MY quotes from time to time and act like I am the breath of OP, are you really that obtuse? "where they're so open minded and gracious"

Just because the TauLabs crew needs DIYDrones for an audience does not mean that the IRIS didn't ship with low quality components, and a weak design. ;)

I always wonder whom here at MRF is in bed with you guys. EVERY time there is drama you guys come running here to drum up more attention. Go back to your lame Google group, you know the one that no one pays attention to. The one that the few folks that DO pay attention to usually complain about how horrible you organize, and document yourselves... yeah that one. Run away, and
grow up ladies... ladies.

AlPackin

yeah, so what is the problem Kevin. I only speak the truth. What is the last drama, previous to Oleg getting banned, that I have posted anything anywhere about. Spare me, crawl under the rock from which you came. I will forget that I thought you might be a friend. OP does what it does and I don't give a flying Ferk, good luck with that

DIYDrones??? sorry no affiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.