Tau Labs OP Developers banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest12Oct2013

I am thinking so at this point lol people do not seem to get it that you can get so much more done if you work together and so on

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I am thinking so at this point lol people do not seem to get it that you can get so much more done if you work together and so on

gitit20,

Working together was a great idea and it was because of that great idea that so many people tried to fall in behind the OP effort. When I heard about OP I immediately opened a sub-forum here for them and they flooded into the site. Our moderator RTRyder didn't fall onto his knees before the highest one, Dankers, quickly enough and they were all gone as quickly as they had come. I find it pretty easy, having witnessed this firsthand to believe what people say when they come through here saying they've been banned and that Dankers was again involved.

It's sad.

OP was originally supposed to make flight controls that would rival Mikrokopter and be ridiculously affordable at the same time. Things have changed though and the FC's we see now all compete pretty well with MK and some are as cheap as I'd expect OP to sell for. Look at ArduCopter for example.

you're first post, which was deleted, was fairly rude and didn't really need to be said. It interrupted a conversation that you probably didn't like but which they had the right to conduct. I've said it before, we don't need the OP drama here. It's unique to the OP subject and I have zero tolerance for it.

Regards,
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Guest12Oct2013

I got ya maybe it should have been worded diff. Its just sad to see all the back and forth with people on things such as this and at times gets kinda old and some what frustrating

AlPackin

Git, there is only one ego in the way. (well, his and his currently leading minions perhaps, I don't know them so I can"t really say) We ALL wish we were one again and quite frankly that is the only hope for OP

edit

I can't speak for others, I (not We) wish we were all together again

Bartman

Git, there is only one ego in the way. (well, his and his currently leading minions perhaps, I don't know them so I can"t really say) We ALL wish we were one again and quite frankly that is the only hope for OP

edit

I can't speak for others, I (not We) wish we were all together again

so here's a simple question from an outsider. why can't the OP community gather and decide who stays and who goes?

maybe we should assemble a list of all the current and former A-team players, post a poll and let the community decide who gets to stay and who is shown the door. it certainly couldn't turn out any worse than it already has.

i say this all half-seriously although maybe it's insane enough to work?

The community can all get together and say whatever. However, when the person that hosts the servers and has control starts kicking out the people who disagree it's hard to make it happen. There is one person meaningfully in charge so that is that. This is exactly what happened when the devs tried to establish a policy of transparency way back when and were told our opinion didn't matter.

There's also a legitimate point that running all those servers is EXPENSIVE and a lot of money got tied up in OP. We tried to do as much stuff at TL for free which makes it not as aesthetically pleasing but prevents those types of issues from the beginning. Multiple people are admins for both github and the google group.

Anyway, it's a lovely idea. I suspect eventually people will migrate to TL. I've had quite a few requests for sparky the last week, half of them with requests to keep it quiet for now.

jes1111

why can't the OP community gather and decide who stays and who goes?
Oh, you mean like a democracy? Where an autocratic founder/leader can't ban people just for expressing an opinion that differs from their own? ;) I do wish you'd back off on the pompous pronouncements, bart!

James and Oleg and all the other "victims" deserve heaps of thanks and gratitude for their contributions and expressions of our collective (and my personal) sadness over their departures. In the real world (an unfamiliar environment to many) people's time is certainly valuable but Dave went beyond that with heaps of cash! When raw, real investment is involved who wouldn't get a bit cranky from time to time? I'm neither excusing him nor condemning you - just suggesting that, as humans, we'll always see things solely from our own perspective.

Sorry guys but hanging about here with long faces, fishing for sympathetic pats on the back from bart is not cool (or useful).

Bart - if you can't remain impartial on any discussions about OP then you should close down the OP section in this forum - it's serving no useful purpose.

AlPackin

"Sorry guys but hanging about here with long faces, fishing for sympathetic pats on the back from bart is not cool (or useful)."

That is pathetic Jeremy. We came here in response to Oleg's post. We (I) came back just now due to a notification of a post in this thread, yours. I have said it NUMEROUS times in different forums, it's Dave's project and he can run it as he sees fit. If it is a "democracy" you can vote with your feet. Did you get OP to design you a gimbal that you can market yet?

edit

oh yeah, this is rich "
James and Oleg and all the other "victims" deserve heaps of thanks and gratitude for their contributions and expressions of our collective (and my personal) sadness over their departures." You were more than happy to jump on the slander James bandwagon.

Technology has passed you by. While you were waiting for OP to design you a gimbal to sell, Rusty, Hansen and a pile of other guys have left you in their wake

edit again

oh yeah, and have you actually flown a multi-rotor yet?

jes1111

I assume you meant "libel" :) - which I didn't do. I expressed my view (at the time) based on facts given to me. It's called debate and it was in a closed forum.

And your own attempt at defamation only furthers my suggestion that there's no debate, per se, going on here. This forum should be closed.

BTW - your assumptions about me are entirely wrong.

I think this forum serves a useful purpose since it provides a place for people with OP branded hardware to discuss it and software that runs on it without having to toe a particular line or get censored. The fact people "on the in" at OP don't like it is because they aren't used to hearing any dissent.

And like Al, I agree since Dave paid for the servers etc OP is his to run as he wants. But once the community recognizes their opinions are irrelevant and they have no say in how it runs (or even the ability to publicly disagree) I'm not surprised so many people are leaving (heck, this Oleg thing has led to me having to solder up more Sparkys). This seems to be a nice place that allows people to happily discuss other platforms and calls people out when all they are selling is marketing bluster.

It might make more sense to call it OpenPilot/Tau Labs IMO.

jes1111

Hi James :) - I'd agree with you if there was any such discussion going on. But all I see here is bart pontificating and some badly-behaved little dogs taking it as licence to start barking importantly themselves.

btw - Thanks to bart's imperious dominance, this is what comes up #5 in the results when you Google "Tau Labs"
Regarding OpenPilot and Tau Labs....buyer beware - Multi Rotor Forums
www.multirotorforums.com › ... › OpenPilot Forum‎
20 Mar 2013 - 6 posts - ‎4 authors
Folks that might be considering buying an OpenPilot or Tau Labs product, be advised that these are not commercially produced flight ...

Bartman

Bart - if you can't remain impartial on any discussions about OP then you should close down the OP section in this forum - it's serving no useful purpose.

Jes

i'd say I've missed you and your self-important aura but I haven't. I'll shut nothing down, especially at your urging.

As usual, a mention of OP brings the masses to bear on us for not strictly proclaiming them gods.

It's no surprise my efforts to remain impartial are lost on you and your bias towards us here. As for pontificating, we put up with you and your theories ("rigid frame multi-rotor helicopters will never capture useable video", that was my favorite from you) despite your never having completed or flown anything. The day I banned you was the day I stopped getting PM's expressing what a ****head you are.

Bartman

Hi James :) - I'd agree with you if there was any such discussion going on. But all I see here is bart pontificating and some badly-behaved little dogs taking it as licence to start barking importantly themselves.

btw - Thanks to bart's imperious dominance, this is what comes up #5 in the results when you Google "Tau Labs"

imperious domination!!! that's a good one!

please go back to where you came from. my sincerest apologies that you can't tell us what to do here.

AlPackin

You did make that really nice fixture for James to test ESCs and that was wonderful. Thank you from the multi-rotor community for that

AlPackin

"bart pontificating and some badly-behaved little dogs taking it as licence to start barking importantly "

I hope that is me you are referring to you pompous, brain-dead *** ... woof woof

AlPackin

Regarding OpenPilot and Tau Labs....buyer beware - Multi Rotor Forums
www.multirotorforums.com › ... › OpenPilot Forum‎
20 Mar 2013 - 6 posts - ‎4 authors
Folks that might be considering buying an OpenPilot or Tau Labs product, be advised that these are not commercially produced flight ...

yeah, so what is incorrect about that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.