Anyone notice the videos?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
We finally got around to formatting the videos into the homepage. The left side is Ben Rowland's contest winning "Why?" video and the other will be changed from week to week to highlight something that's new, interesting, fun, whatever about multi's. He pulled one from my youtube channel just to test the format so we could get feedback.

So let's hear it, any feedback or is it all good?

Thanks,
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I noticed right away, it messed up the way the page displays on a tablet. You may want to look into reducing them to thumbnail size until clicked on or stacking them so it doesn't reduce the size of everything else on the page when viewed with non-PC devices.

Ken

DennyR

I don't see em on my browser? Aah yes now I do, shows how much I use the Home page...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

as a website owner i have to constantly plan changes and upgrades. your comment denny about the homepage is an ongoing struggle for me as it's there but even i go right to the active threads pages usually. so i try to keep the homepage under development but the active threads page is probably where most people launch from.

maybe a scroll of thumbnails across the top? google is beginning to downgrade sites that are top heavy with advertising and non-content. they also add search credit for pure video so I'm not sure how locating the videos in thumbnail format across the top would work. i was given a price of about $1000 to make thumbnail boxes to display in the left column like RCG has. I can't do $1000 at the moment so I went with the embeds where they're at. i'll talk to the developer today about other options.

thanks again for the feedback, i really appreciate it.

bart

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
looks good

with the videos now along the top of page

you can see them when you launch from home page or active threads now

nice one

keith

Bartman

the web developer I work with took it upon himself last night to try to get something closer to what we had been discussing. i'm really happy with it at this point. the trick now is to keep them changing, maybe each week I'll try to switch them out. at some point i'll try to push mark to make them change automatically from a list of URL's. for now it's pretty cool, IMHO.

Bartman

Thanks Peter. Mark grabbed a few videos from wherever and just threw them up there to test the code he's been working on. I believe we'll be limited to youtube videos to make the pop up player work correctly but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I suppose at this time I can ask for video suggestions. i want to start with some of the classic MK videos, warthox acro stuff, some of our contest entries, good FPV content, stuff like that. anything Rated G i'm afraid will be considered.

activities like flying into clouds, attaching fireworks, loitering around international airports, etc. won't be posted there, you can guess why, right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

thanks Kloner. I'm sure your FPV vids will be featured up there from time to time.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You PROMISED me if I sent you pictures of me in the shower that you would put them on the site! I dont see them? Liar!!! I'm going to RCgroups.

Bartman

You PROMISED me if I sent you pictures of me in the shower that you would put them on the site! I dont see them? Liar!!! I'm going to RCgroups.

i'm sorry i have to be the one to tell you this......RCGroups doesn't love you anymore.

Bart,

The videos look good up top there (I'm a bit biased :livid:). If you post Yuri's pics, I may have to leave for RC Groups too :nevreness:.

[Please note that this is my first time using smileys on a forum. It seemed appropriate here.]

Bartman

well, yours is there for good now Ben so you had better like it! :applause:

i didn't use smileys either but i've got a particularly dry sense of humor which doesn't translate well to online communications, so i had to adopt smiley useage into my habits (i also happen to prefer "useage" spelled with an 'E').

Bartman

how about hottest spouse in a heli video? you've got a much better chance of winning that one. ;)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Does she win a pair of MRF panties? How about a MILF-Multirotor I'd like to****. Ohh that gave me a really bad idea. :)