FPV gear advice

Millsy

[h=1]Hi,
looking at buying this gear to set up on my F550 for FPV, with the upgrades below.

Is there anything else i need to get to get everything working? is this a good starting point?

Cheers
Millsy

Custom Goggles FPV Starter Package: 5.8GHz
[/h] No more guessing regarding what gear to buy or how to get started. This is everything you need to get started in FPV flying!

This includes the best quality equipment you can get, but with options! The default package includes:

• RMRC-700XV camera
  • FatShark Dominator goggles with 5.8GHz receiver module and battery
  • ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz transmitter
  • Bluebeam Whip antenna set (critical for good performance of a 5.8Ghz system)
  • All required cables and batteries
  • Customer will need to supply compatible Lipo charger
Note: The picture shows the now discontinued Aviator goggles. The Dominators are now the default option, and the headphones are available separately here.
Options include switching to the Dominator video glasses (includes 5.8GHz receiver with right angle antenna and battery), 100mW FatShark transmitter, and various camera options.
You aren't going to find a better quality, more portable system than this, especially at this price!
Notice: The use and operation of this product in the USA and other countries may require an amateur/ham radio license, and some countries may forbid its use entirely. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government’s rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. ReadyMadeRC cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. Frequencies not allowed in the US will be disabled for those items shipped to US addresses.

• Model: 5.8GHZGOGGLESPACKAGE-CUSTOM
  • Shipping Weight: 2.2
  • 66 Units in Stock
  • Manufactured by: ReadyMadeRC

[h=3]Please Choose: [/h] [h=4]Antennas
[/h]
[h=1]5.8GHz Circular wireless skew planer Antenna
[/h]
[h=4]Camera
[/h]

Go pro cable
[h=4]Video Transmitter
[/h]

[h=3]ImmersionRC 600mW 5G8 transmitter
[/h]Video goggles
Predator with headtracking

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I would suggest not getting the Dominators, go for the newer Attitude series. I have both and the Attitude are a much better set of goggles, the built in RX has a lot better range than the module for the Dominator, the screen resolution is better, and the interpupillary distance is adjustable on the Attitude, a feature lacking on the Dom's.

Ken

VINHEX

Hi Ken, I agree the Attitudes are so cool, did you remove the sticker from the front on the screen? I did and they appear to be so much better..

Vin
DJI F550, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Graupner 10x5 e-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, Bank balance 0.00
DJI iOSD

DesJardins

Have you guys tested the new -90rx module in the Dominators?
I'm very pleased with mine...

ReadymadeRc is amazing and you'll get every cable needed when buying a "custom goggles kit" if you choose that route

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi Ken, I agree the Attitudes are so cool, did you remove the sticker from the front on the screen? I did and they appear to be so much better..

Vin

Try removing the lens/screen the sticker was on! I tried them without the sticker and had a big problem with that plastic lens fogging up in the cold, pulled both of them out and problem solved.

Have you guys tested the new -90rx module in the Dominators?
I'm very pleased with mine...

ReadymadeRc is amazing and you'll get every cable needed when buying a "custom goggles kit" if you choose that route

I might have gone the route of a better RX module but the big issue for me is the fixed screen spacing on the Doms, I need them spaced wider than what they're set to so the Attitude was the only real solution. I have a set of the older Fatshark Basic with adjustable IPD and I thought those were great until I tried the Doms, the resolution and color on the basics suck compared to the Doms and the Attitude is better still. The only thing I don't like about the Attitude is the RX isn't swappable, I use 2.4 for long distance and have the module for the Doms, I'm stuck with 5.8 on the Attitude. Not a show stopper, I'll either relay off the 2.4 ground station RX using 5.8 or hard cable to the ground station when I use the 2.4, I can put up with a little inconvenience to be able to see clearly with both eyes rather than have half of one screen blurred as it does on the Doms for me.

A large portion of the gear I'm using came from RMRC, can't beat the service and hardly ever find what I need out of stock.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

endererikli

Doesn't it seem too soft a view to be enjoyable?
I wonder if that would be the case with Headplay or (supposedly better)AttitudeSD goggles.
It is curious that neither manufacturers nor users publish videos such as that one above, showing what actually it looks like INSIDE the eyecup, on the screen.
I have so far seen many "re"views saying "wow it is rubbery on the outside of these new fatsharks! feels much better quality! image is so crisp!". Would be better if they rather shoot a video of that crisp thing which above video denies :)
Thank you for your reply, kloner. Sincere greetings from Istanbul.