Rigid frame for y6 or big X8?

ary

Hi Guys,

I end up with dissapoinment building a hexa using FH H800 frame (from foxtech fpv). Center frame is not rigid. Not good result during test flight. medium payload(2Kg+). Im using wkm(already have a success with small X8)
Almost try carboncore octo frame, but my friend didnt recomend it. He also end up without success, his flat 8 wobbling everywhere after trying 14-15 props. his octo payload 3-4 kg

Now Im trying to find a good(rigid) & cheap:tennis: frame for my future reliable y6 or big X8, to carry Canon 5d or Sony CX 760 with AV200+360skid
How about : 16mm OMG 550-690mm All- Carbon Fiber(2mm) Frame from www.omgfly.com ? Does anyone have experience with it?
Or should I end up with S800 lalala wing:nevreness:?

Any other recomendation would be appreciate

Cheers
Ary

Kari

Check Vulcan frames, i have 2 of them and like them over my Cinestar. Very reasonable priced too.

ary

Problem in my FH H 800 y6 is center frame diameter is to small, its ok without payload. When I put 2 kg payload that y6 cant perform well. I have experience 2 years instaling and setup several multi rotor
I got another problem to put esc, WKM, other parts on it. Too small
If they consider to make larger diameter center frame and make it more rigid, I believe it will perform well with big motor and big propeler(13-15)
From now, I should be more carefull when purchase online, specialy when you search for cheap product

About my friend carbon core octo, he mention that main problem is frame. i will find out about it later. He still upset. He s an old player (from 2004) build many2...., So I know what he's doing

Bowley

Agree on the Vulcan, good solid frame at good price and ever so versatile when it comes to configuration options

nytram

Unfortunately I have to add late yesterday I found out how strong my frame is... I had a big crash when waypoint was controlling the copter.. Waypoint took it off cause when landing... And hit a roof about 8m off the ground then fell off the roof on to the ground ... What broke all the props the gimbal and my 4 battery holder and dji mast.. As for the frame nothing has broken infact you would not know its crashed. I checked it over replaced the props and fixed my battery
Holder and hovered it for 10mins to test... I have to say I now I can confirm this frame is very tuff indeed!! My old hexa would have been very broken on the same crash!

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Problem in my FH H 800 y6 is center frame diameter is to small, its ok without payload. When I put 2 kg payload that y6 cant perform well. I have experience 2 years instaling and setup several multi rotor
I got another problem to put esc, WKM, other parts on it. Too small
If they consider to make larger diameter center frame and make it more rigid, I believe it will perform well with big motor and big propeler(13-15)
From now, I should be more carefull when purchase online, specialy when you search for cheap product

About my friend carbon core octo, he mention that main problem is frame. i will find out about it later. He still upset. He s an old player (from 2004) build many2...., So I know what he's doing

Ah, OK, I understand now. I agree, most multi-rotor frames are way too small. Here's what I have designed. The frame is almost 12" in diameter. Lots of room for mounting ESC's, etc. Very stiff as well, it helps the arms are so short. The only disadvantage I can see so far is that it is quite a bit more expensive because it uses so much Carbon Fiber plate. However, you save a lot on the tube arms too.

View attachment 7816

Attachments

• DSC00792.jpg
    DSC00792.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 355

Kari

You like it over your Cinestar??!! :) :) because of the dampers?

It's even more rigid than cinestar, with less bolts needed. Square tubes makes it foldable very easily, no needed to use clamps, you can do hex/octo/coax whatever you want from one frame, i could go on and on.. All i can say Alex has done fantastic job with Vulcans.

ary

Good design Bro, 5cm less diameter would be perfect. how good is it in high wind? What reason you raised several motor mounting?

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Some motors are raised because the props are overlapping. It's got 12" props on a 630mm frame. It flies excellently.