Heavy lift 11kg!!

nytram

Well been building this for a few week done some flights with out gimbal but today I got to see it with the gimbal on place need some brackets to fix it on..

What do you think?

View attachment 7717

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353276108.071440.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353276108.071440.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 456

jrlederer

Would you care to post any details for a proper analysis? Motors, arm length and composition, I think I can see the props, but not 100%, battery type, poer distribution solution, esc size and type(custom or std.)?

Based purely on what I can see, I'd have to mention the first couple things that stand out at me, but only because you asked: firstly, the landing gear seems to be a newer revision of Droidworx landing gear? Mor importantly, if this creation in able to balance without 2 of the landing legs touching the table for support, then why, my I ask, are this support legs there to begin with? Seems like added weight for nothing, but it's possible that the photographed angle leves something out.

on a more positive note, one thing that I do like, but would need to see in person if the brightness causes any associated vision problems during dark night flying, but at first glance I like the brightly lit center dome. Feels like that, and some fore/aft colored LeD indicators (on key booms) would make for a trippy night-fly.

Good luck,

Jonthan

nytram

The specs

Volcan frame 1200mm x 900 mm this is this size so it fits in the car and I can have big props

Motors are 3515 t motors

ESC's are hobby fly 40amp

15" slow fly props (carbon)

Controller is DJI with 50 point way point

The gimbal is a prototype from www.fpvcameramount.com
It's nice but I have modded it to take 4 batteries and made the camera place bigger as I use a 77mm lens and it was not balanced..

I'm using ramazzi OSD love it for the money but I'm tempted with the DJi unit one so you can see the true sat signal.

I have fat shark goggles

It's still being built but my plans are to have two fpv tx's one for flying and for still shots...

I have a very modded skyfly tx with telemetry, I'm planning to use the trainer port to control the gimbal through a second tx giving me 16 channels on one tx (sort off) but it will also be there for two people control..

nytram

Based purely on what I can see, I'd have to mention the first couple things that stand out at me, but only because you asked: firstly, the landing gear seems to be a newer revision of Droidworx landing gear? Mor importantly, if this creation in able to balance without 2 of the landing legs touching the table for support, then why, my I ask, are this support legs there to begin with? Seems like added weight for nothing, but it's possible that the photographed angle leves something out.

Good luck,

Jonthan

your correct there extra legs I'm leaving on so I and fly with a without the gimbal. When I took the picture the gimbal was not attached I have made a bracket today and the heights are all about the same now..... In the end the gimbal will be 360... So the extra legs will need to come off then.

nytram

This looks good, it also adds protection.. I have to say I'm very please with it, now all we need is to make it Pan with out making a big difference to the hight

nytram

Big issue last night...

Unfortunately I have to add late yesterday I found out how strong my frame is... I had a big crash when waypoint was controlling the copter.. Waypoint took it off cause when landing... And hit a roof about 8m off the ground then fell off the roof on to the ground ... What broke all the props the gimbal and my 4 battery holder and dji mast.. As for the frame nothing has broken infact you would not know its crashed. I checked it over replaced the props and fixed my battery
Holder and hovered it for 10mins to test... I have to say I now I can confirm this frame is very tuff indeed!! My old hexa would have been very broken on the same crash!

akromatic

Big issue last night...

Unfortunately I have to add late yesterday I found out how strong my frame is... I had a big crash when waypoint was controlling the copter.. Waypoint took it off cause when landing... And hit a roof about 8m off the ground then fell off the roof on to the ground ... What broke all the props the gimbal and my 4 battery holder and dji mast.. As for the frame nothing has broken infact you would not know its crashed. I checked it over replaced the props and fixed my battery
Holder and hovered it for 10mins to test... I have to say I now I can confirm this frame is very tuff indeed!! My old hexa would have been very broken on the same crash!

Scary... I crashed yesterday too man.. Just as you the frame was completely intact, only two legs were bent, the Vulcanframe is tough as hell... Just like you all my props were trashed and the GPS antenna fell off but otherwise everything works, even the av200 gimbal works perfectly after the crash..
There's a crash video in my post...http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...r-setup-with-naza-gps-today&p=75250#post75250