Xoar carbon fiber props

Just got these Xoar carbon fiber pairs, anybody tried them already? Looking for some feedback on these...

When I get them bolted on the XM in a few weeks, I'll give my opinion.

thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• 664575_171151166342083_811315999_o.jpg
    664575_171151166342083_811315999_o.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 389

I've been considering these for a while. Will be curious to hear what you think. Which size and what do they weigh?

nick

Razzil

Not to be out of context, but when comparing Xoar props to Carbon Fiber props from RCTimer.com say .... Other then price what's the difference?
I purchased some RCTimer ones but have yet to use them. Planning on using them soon on another build in the process.

Higher quality? I can't even break one, and I'm trying to break one.
Put it in the feezer and tried again, no way can I break this prop hitting it against my granite countertop.

13x6.5 RCTimer Carbon Fiber Props

nicwilke

One would think hey !!
Can't wait to hear your results.

The XOARS Bens got are like a nice candy bar, foam filled (epoxy foam) and then have the carbon fibre outer. These are the ducks-guts of props. I'm sure they are breakable, but apparently you can just whack these puppies on, and fly without even testing the balance. Look forward to the test Ben.

Flew in a bit of wind with the XM6 and the carbon props - flew pretty well. Once I got the gain set right, the bumps were very minimal. I'm wondering if the light weight of these props allows them to react faster.

nicwilke

Ben,
I've been testing the Xoars 12x5's wood, and at APC 12x3.8's and found the APC's to have smoother flying characterterisics. I know that the CF Xoars are better balanced, but I'm reluctant to buy a set of them to test since the APC's fly so perfectly on the XM-6. At an all up weight of 4900g, I feel the slow fly shape is more suitable for AP on the XM. What are your thoughts?

I haven't tried any other props on it yet, but I'd like to for comparison. I can say that I went out today in some wind where I expected it to not fly well. And it flew SO GOOD. I was shocked. I'll try to get my hands on some APC SF soon (I have some but sized for the Cinestar).

nicwilke

I haven't tried any other props on it yet, but I'd like to for comparison. I can say that I went out today in some wind where I expected it to not fly well. And it flew SO GOOD. I was shocked. I'll try to get my hands on some APC SF soon (I have some but sized for the Cinestar).

What size camera are you planning on lifting with this rig Ben? I found with my motors Im best keeping my XM-6 under 5kg, so it really limits what I can use. perhaps you'll have better lifting capability with AXI.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Sorry to hijack the thread. Benjamin... your work is awesome. I've been in the RC industry for 15 years and was getting bored with it, and found multi rotor AV, and it rejuvenated me. And then seeing your work made me obsessed! Keep posting your projects! They inspire!

Ok.. Butt kissing over...

Prop... I'm interested in the results!

What size camera are you planning on lifting with this rig Ben? I found with my motors Im best keeping my XM-6 under 5kg, so it really limits what I can use. perhaps you'll have better lifting capability with AXI.

We'll likely fly a GH2 on it. Once we get that working well, we'll test with some weights to see what is realistic for it to lift. I'll run it through eCalc to see what it should theoretically be able to handle.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Benjamin... your work is awesome. I've been in the RC industry for 15 years and was getting bored with it, and found multi rotor AV, and it rejuvenated me. And then seeing your work made me obsessed! Keep posting your projects! They inspire!

Ok.. Butt kissing over...

Prop... I'm interested in the results!

Thanks! Much appreciated. We haven't been able to show any new stuff as the clients have asked us to keep it private until they release it. We do have a shoot coming up soon where the client wants us to show off the highlights right away, so I'll post that on the forum when it is ready. Give me a shout if you need any help.