Hoverfly Maytech ESC Compatibility

ILAP

Are there any compatibility issues between the HoverFly Pro and Maytech 40A-OPTO v1 ESC?

While this ESC has over 400Hz refresh rate, which is OK for MultiRotor, the HoverFly support website states that there are compatibility issues unless you add a Signal booster.

Anyone has experience with that combo?

yeehaanow

I used the 30A and they did not work, as in, would not all arm. Needs a servo booster, or whatever they're called. Check the HF website support section where it details the issue.

They are expensive but castle creations have been working great for me. Otherwise I suggest turnigy plush which many people have had success with.

yeehaanow

I have the ICE 50, running on 6S. Wish I would've got the ICE lite though. Max amps I can get full power is 9 amps per motor, and they come down COLD.

PaNt

I have the ICE 50, running on 6S. Wish I would've got the ICE lite though. Max amps I can get full power is 9 amps per motor, and they come down COLD.

WHy where is the difference apart from the weight?
Also these are on 600hz with the new firmware right?

yeehaanow

The difference is the weight. Although the ICE 50 will do up to 8s.
I don't feel the heatsink is necessary in my system, even when it's hot out, so I would rather have the weight savings.
Yes, with the new firmware. Not sure what the refresh rate is. Seems to work though. :)