Leopard motors

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm gonna be testing a new line of motors from Leopard Hobby and wanted to share my first impressions. You get the box, crack it open and looky there, real packaging

DSC01014%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg

then you peel back the wrapper and look what we got here
i.php

So i get em all out and oh yea, haven't even bolted em on but can tell this is a step up from what i'm used to. We will find out shortly just what the story is. There 760kv 2814 all setup for multi rotors.

DSC01032%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg

400 watt 4s, yada, yada. Altitude hobbies should have em soon if this all works out

kloner

Aerial DP
dressed out like that there 120 gram. has the x mount, 4 screws holding that on. i wanna say the litterature was 89 or 98 gram......

they got some really large diameter bearings in there..

the bolt pattern is 19x25...... they call this size 3536, kinda like turnigy does

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm not sure, but i think around mid $30's. Garrett will probably be along later with details.

kloner

Aerial DP
he's bringing in all kinds of sizes, I'm using them on a xy8 so yea, there the 28mm stator motors like avroto, etc. Theres 5 sizes if i remember right.

Just to compare, the suppos i run on my quad are 100 gram. it'll fly 1600 grams with a 4s 4000 lipo, but i've set my nex 5 on it and hovered around. it'll do 50-60 mph in fff.

After we get some of this testing on em done, I'll have garret go over all this with us.

ChrisViperM

On the pic they are lined up like soldiers, ready to go into battle......let them do the fighting and let us know :tennis:

Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
soon, very soon. i'm held up on motor mounts....... these had a different hole pattern on the x mounts that came with them than an avroto

flitelab

Ok np. How do you find the quality of them in general, just look and feel, etc?
I may order some in for testing as well to see if they would be a good option to resell.

kloner

Aerial DP
they feel great in the hand.... but i aint even heard em... I'm not sure if theres more yet or not. these were all custom wound, had to wait for there testing to finish before i got em and now there all waiting on me to tell em yea or nay. We will hear em within a week, no matter what they end up on. my impressions by the stats are there gonna act like a scorpion motor, make a ton of power but not be very efficient doing it...... but that's just looking at the numbers

flitelab

Thanks again. I've been talking with them directly as well on some samples. Trying to work out their sizing to find some equivalents to the Tiger and other motors I carry now.