A good day gone bad

ROVguy

Well it must be a day for crashes! The first flight of the day not 30 seconds in the air and quad decides to run off! It was heading to the woods and I knew I wouldn't find it again of it went in their so I did the only thing I could think of.... I ditched it! I managed to find most of the bits, the only thing missing is the lipo! I spent an hour looking for it and I couldn't find the blumin thing, it's probably a foot under the ground the force I went into it. Anyway, here's some pics of the damage.

View attachment 7460View attachment 7461View attachment 7462

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883596.113326.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883596.113326.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 383
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883611.461264.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883611.461264.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 322
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883625.719128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351883625.719128.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 316

ROVguy

From what I can gather, it flew great just 2 days ago and I did nothing different. I'm perplexed if honest.

ROVguy

Having spoken to someone at fast lads, apparently the latest version of the Naza firmware is very buggy, so it could be that? He recommended putting it back to default... 1.6?

The ESC looks repairable, I just need to re-solder the bullet connector on, it broke rather than disconnecting when the motor and the rest of the arm went its way. The receiver is fitted back in its cover. Unfortunately the motor is clarted in mud, I'm not sure whether I can strip it down and clean it out.

So for want of an arm and a motor I could be up and running again. I think I will start stock piling some parts in.

Leslie LP

Having had a runaway myself with more than 10 flights I can see mine flying off.
I did locate it some distance away after a 45min search. The damage to my two red arms and your pic makes me think when a runaway does occure its goes in head first. After that last wind/rain Sandy I should check to see if the one motor plus part of red arm and blade has fallen out of the tree.

I rebuilt that same day and have had no repeats. My compass and Naza seems in working order along with the TM8000 and my Lipo was still attached. The sound the remaining motors were making when I did find it was odd to say the least. My Lipo did go below the 3.0dcv/cell but I have had at least 10 cycles and not seen any indication of damage. I guess I should be thankful I bought a good battery.

I can only say one thing is that the F550 keept its trajectory from when I lost LOS. It was up high so that explains it being found some distance away.

Bowley

**** happens, quite a lot!! Man SR's are so much less hassle, at least when you stoof it you know its your own fault, no head scratching, and crapping it, wondering if its going to behave itself next time up.

DesJardins

So many more items like Servos, set-up & 10x the parts that can go wrong with SR's... And much easier to yard-sale'em trying dumb stuff.

lol

Bowley

So many more items like Servos, set-up & 10x the parts that can go wrong with SR's... And much easier to yard-sale'em trying dumb stuff.

lol

Oh yeah, easy to 'yard sale' em sure enough, just when you think your home and dry you have to go and try something you regret a second or two later :black_eyed:

Leslie LP

Well with all of the OSD and GPS Telemetry now available you can at least get the last Longitude and (-)Lattitude for the Google map search and rescue. I have since outfitted my F550 with the GPS Spektrum module.

Now with all this rain over the past week up here in the Southern Ontario and I guess most of north eastern North America I am itching to fly which I am sure is a bad thing.

But Bowley is correct; it does take some time to regain confidence in your machine's loyality against its negative tendency to run away :highly_amused: