Hoverfly HFP green board ?

kloner

Aerial DP
I picked up a used board, it came with the l-c filter so i'm good there. it has a piece of foam hanging off the board, it looks like it was glued to cover the barometer. is that a mod it needs? is anything in particular better to cover it?

i didn't get the plugs that the osd and power clips on. Are those for sale somewhere? got a name?

this look mounted alright?

i.php

Efliernz

Pete
The barometer is light-sensitive. I have one of mine covered in a piece of soft black foam and the other board I use a small black plastic thimble-style dome with 1mm moles drilled in it (held in place with hot-melt glue.

Pete

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
i didn't get the plugs that the osd and power clips on. Are those for sale somewhere? got a name?

Servo connector plugs work fine, that's what I used to use and never had one come off in flight, the ones your looking for didn't come with the board when new or at least mine didn't . I'm sure if you search around enough you could find the correct plug that locks on but not really necessary.

does wind screw with it?

Yes, sunlight too, worse than a Naza...

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The foam is good to have. Just put a drop of ca on it around the sensor making sure to obviously not cover the hole. The power connector may fit a servo connector to it but I decided to solder the leads directly to the pins. The center is positive and both outsides are negative, at least on the new board. Looks good. I hope you get the same performance I get with my XY8 because it is about as good as I have ever had anything fly. Let me know if you need any help setting it up. Hoverfly is easy but a little different from the rest so the first time is a little slow. Then again, if you can make all that FPV stuff work you will be fine figuring this out.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yes, thats exactly what I have on mine. it keeps the majority of light out and dampens the wind hitting it directly. I would go find some tupperware to make a dome with though. If its clear you can still see the light through it. Having a stray rock hit the board is not good.

kloner

Aerial DP
say a guy wanted to live life on the edge and every gram was important....... think a thick heat shrink would work alright to protect it from elements, wind, minor damage? I mean, i'm thinking if it goes in it'll be a wad of CF and pcb so whats a tupperware gonna save? I'm a hero or zero 99% of the time

The odds of this thing eventually getting wet or more a chance than crashing. like clouds, fog, river....... would plastidip the board do anything for it? We do it to the board cameras that are just pcb,,,, seals out the moisture.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I've wondered about putting liquid electrical tape on my HF boards. It shouldn't really do anything but void your warranty and maybe run a little hotter. I think the heat shrink is the best idea as all you are trying to do is keep dirt and potential loose rocks/dirt from hitting a critical component when taking off in loose dirt. You could theoretically seal all the wires in the heatshrink if you were dedicated but you would still need to have a pin hole for the baro sensor.

kloner

Aerial DP
makes since. i'll heat shrink only, think it'd be easier to dry bare than all covered in goop.

is there voltage coming out of the camera osd lead? out the gimble lead? all that from this little switching supply on the board? it's alright like that?

got the voltair on, rc rx on, it almost looks like something. Gimble and motors come in next week....... then it's skids. got no idea what to do, probably hit ya up if i can't find anything decent to use

kloner

Aerial DP
in case i forget, remind me to get the air splitter file to you. gotta fine tune it, testing it out tomorrow. might need to be smaller, but it's wicked. Chris said it'll work. If you see this thing floating by you do me a favor and grab it. Were flying the pacific tomorrow

DSC00933%20%281024x666%29_795.jpg

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Just a thought, you need to cut some holes in the heat shrink

Dont forget you need access to the dip switch for updating firmware and the ability te see the led on the board.

Good luck

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
probably do,,,,,, i just have black from the helical building...... you can pull up the sides and see in if you pull on it... the light opening is that closeup pic. middle is power, left side by the post is the light