NAZA (gps not used) help with Throttle in Atti

Rick~K

Free Bird
Hello Everyone,

I put my NAZA on a QAV500, been flying 450's and 550's. Atti throttle was always ok. I never weighed the DJI frames but the QAV is near 5lbs. pancake motors/DJI 30amp ESC's, 10x5 graupner's, 4S 5000mha battery.

Problem is in Atti lack of power, lift is very low. In Manual Mode its fine but I like Atti most of the time since I'm flying FPV. Is there a fix? I have the end points set to 140% on full. I've heard that NAZA down powers in Atti.

Thanks!
Rick
ps, I tried the search without luck. Also, it has firmware 1.04

kloner

Aerial DP
it governs itself to always have power to get out of trouble gyro wise..... i see 100 amps draws in man, 60 in atti and 50 in gps atti.

bigger props possible?

DesJardins

I'm guessing your running a lower Kv motor?
I tried 750Kv's & 900Kv's and felt a little sluggish with the 750's when in any mode other than Manual

Rick~K

Free Bird
I'm guessing your running a lower Kv motor?
I tried 750Kv's & 900Kv's and felt a little sluggish with the 750's when in any mode other than Manual

I'm running FM4008 620KV

it governs itself to always have power to get out of trouble gyro wise..... i see 100 amps draws in man, 60 in atti and 50 in gps atti.

bigger props possible?

I guess there is room, but with the clean frame mounted on rubber any shifting the tip could hit the camera. I have a few strikes now in my GoPro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick~K

Free Bird

The bad part is I like to land in my back yard doing a vertical decent where I have to drop through the trees. The other day I was dropping and when I got to what looked like 150ft AGL I removed my goggles because I stayed out too long and I knew I was about to failsafe, when I looked at the quad it looked like a skydiver in free fall. I applyed full power and it dropped another 100ft before slowing, and another 25ft before it started to climb. The power felt like it compared to 60% of what 100% is in manual mode. I never had the problem with the F550, I don't know the weight on the 550 but the QAV500 is right at 5lb.

kloner

Aerial DP
thats an 11 or 12" prop motor/weight.. you could do 5s if everything else does. only way to make more with what you got

DesJardins

Yup, I guessed you were running a low Kv motor. Great for smooth AP work, hinders the flying in anything except manual for FPV flying when you need that "punch out" power.

Rick~K

Free Bird
I'm thinking different motors, maybe Avroto M2814 770KV, or maybe Tiger MT-4006-13 740KV. I have a OP-CC3D coming and may just see how it go's. I was hoping someone had a fix to get the same power in Atti as Manual.

I miss that being able to power up at the last few feet. My 550 looks like its doing a auto rotation, I've dropped it on the deck and flared at the last minute. Guess those 920KV's a not such bad little motors.

DesJardins

So that would give me what I need in Atti? Looks like the MT-2216-10 900KV is the same price. I'm wanting to still run the 4S lipos.
One of the other reasons I went with the 900Kv T-motors is they will rock 3S as well as 4S.
Lots of power on 3S so I can only imagine them on 4S