Noob Altert- Battery Question

So I just ordered a TBS Discovery ARF yesterday and in 3 weeks i should have it! Super excited. I got it pre-assembled and with the upgraded motors. I have actually never flown anything RC, just real planes.

I've read so much over the last year waiting to pull the trigger my brain is turning to jello, but starting to absorb a good deal.

I'll be flying NON FPV to start due to funds, but hope to transition soon.

First question is on battery recommendation? I'd like 10+min flight times and from what i gather TBS really likes the Turnigy NanoTech batteries. I'm considering a pair of these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11957__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_4S_45_90C_Lipo_Pack.html

Good idea? Other options i should consider?

"FFF" Fly For Fun?

i use 3000 and 4000 no problem but I fly fff and the heavier pack is for me

What kind of Flight time do you get?

For my education, the 5000 is not recommended based on the overall weight of the battery and balance concerns i take it?

Thanks for the recommendation, your battery suggestion is less expensive :nevreness:

kloner

Aerial DP
a stock 450 with a 5000 mah on it is maxed out, can't carry anything more and get's really heavy and overall harder to fly.. motors are hot, flight times aren't what you think cause it runs such a high amp draw to hover a 5000mah...... then to add a camera is to straight overload it from the get go, the inevitable crash

heck even just a 2200 is fine, but to fly it is to burn through it pretty quick, to hover it can be reasonable,,,

Ok so another question. When setting up the transmitter is it a good idea to mix in some rudder (yaw) with the aileron to get those smooth banked turns? Perhaps on a switch so it can be disabled as needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk